What's new

4th of July mystery find?

no2pencil

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2023
Messages
61
Reaction score
203
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fort Lauderdale FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
PI King underwater hand held
Happy 4th of July everyone!

The ocean was smooth & visibility was good this morning, so I did about an hour worth of detecting. Parking was $25, so I risked it, in & out without a ticket.

Found the 1985 quarter two steps into the water. But what on Earth are these metal clumps? The first one I believe is just tin-foil crumpled up. The second one looks like something molten was cooled in water.

76008e258f30ee6fbe43020da636248bb7ed3715-1.webp
76008e258f30ee6fbe43020da636248bb7ed3715-2.webp
 
Upvote 9
$25 just to park your car? That's just nuts...:tard:
 
Happy 4th of July everyone!

The ocean was smooth & visibility was good this morning, so I did about an hour worth of detecting. Parking was $25, so I risked it, in & out without a ticket.

Found the 1985 quarter two steps into the water. But what on Earth are these metal clumps? The first one I believe is just tin-foil crumpled up. The second one looks like something molten was cooled in water.

View attachment 2215330View attachment 2215331
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
Happy 4th of July everyone!

The ocean was smooth & visibility was good this morning, so I did about an hour worth of detecting. Parking was $25, so I risked it, in & out without a ticket.

Found the 1985 quarter two steps into the water. But what on Earth are these metal clumps? The first one I believe is just tin-foil crumpled up. The second one looks like something molten was cooled in water.

View attachment 2215330View attachment 2215331
The metal objects are probably pieces of steel that have changed shapes. At Virginia Beach they dumped autos in the water to slow down erosion. Lots of steel from those.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom