5 1923 Bulgarian coins

shack24

May 26, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gta 500; Garrett Ace 350; Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a high school Spanish teacher. After fall break last week I was relating to my students my coin hunting escapades over the break when a student said he had a bunch of coins and would bring some to me. Well the next day sure enough he brings me a bag of some 12 foreign coins. They were all more recent except for 5 very light, aluminum coins all dating 1923. Didn't think much of them until I started trying to identify them. Apparently 4 of them are Bulgarian 1 lev pieces and one is a 2 lev. They are in fantastic shape, almost uncirculated. But what I am not sure of is the value. I am finding all sorts of different prices. For example this website Bulgarian Coin 2 levs 1923

Just wondering if there are any foreign coin experts that could give me some more info on them. No matter what, a very awesome gift. Sometimes teaching does pay.....literally.

HH,
Jared

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
Those look like gold coins, but I don't know much about Bulgarian coins. Could they be gold?

Ha ha ha, I wish it were gold! No, it is an original coin and it is aluminum for sure. The first picture probably give the coins a different tint due to the green background. Here is a better picture for the color.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 73

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back