I know I have dug a few old coins (my one and only large cent comes to mind) that the date was extreamly hard to read. Luckily I know something about coins and knew what era my coin came from, from deductive resoning, some water to bring out details better, I was finaly able to make out 1851. Now my brother was (who lives in Fla, and im in Ohio) was trying to tell the the date of a LC that my oldest brother found back in 1977, when he was looking at the coin (well worn) he gave me a few dates, until I had him describe the lady on the coin, with the number of stars ect.. we were able to pinpoint the date a tad better. So it is possable for this poster to have made an honest mistake when giving the dates. I have looked at worn coins before and seen all kinds of dates off the same coin. And if someone is new or unfamiliar with coin types, it doesn't make it any easier. Not posting a picture after you state your going to, doesn't help with making people believers though. Just my 2 cents...HH.....Bill