What's new

5 Dollar gold piece

jeremeysmom23

Greenie
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
biloxi,mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Sunday I found a $5 Dollar Gold piece dated 1886, This to me was a nice find,also found a few
other coins Three cent pieces,2 cent pieces ,and two large cents. The date range from 1844 to 1899.
 
Upvote 0
Will post some pics soon,they were found in Pearl River Co.(Picayune, Ms.)
 
jeremeysmom23 said:
Sunday I found a $5 Dollar Gold piece dated 1886, This to me was a nice find,also found a few
other coins Three cent pieces,2 cent pieces ,and two large cents. The date range from 1844 to 1899.

Now thats funny...just a nice find!! Gold coins aren't found like wheat cnets and in 25 years of detecting I've only found one(1880 $5), so its definately more than just a nice find!! Every coin you found are to many just a dream find, congrats on some great finds and try not to be so humble!!! ;D
 
I'm trying to understand your post and maybe a little more background and some pics will help. I assume you are either talking about Canadian money (b/c I don't know anything about it) or when you say 2 "cent" pieces and 3 "cent" pieces you mean that all the coins you found were all one cent pieces ranging in date from 1844-1899, one of them being a large cent and 5 others being indian heads or flying eagles, two of which have the same date somewhere between 1858 and 1898 and three of which had a date of 1899 or vice versa. I think this is what you mean, and this is why pics and a little more detail would help. Take credit for them finds. They are nice ones.

The "2 cent piece" and the "3 cent piece" productions both ended in 1873 and large cent production ended in 1857.
 
Fantastic finds! I would freak right out if I found any one of those things.

And for the critics, what happened to getting the benefit of the doubt? The thinly veiled sarcasm and coin book debunking does not encourage people to post their finds.
 
I totally agree with Monty. If I found a gold anything coin, I'd flip out. Heck, silver is elusive to me! :P Congrats on your find, and we do want to see a picture. Please?? -Noodle
 
Jeremy's Mom , I must concur with the prevailing opinion of the previous replies, you sound quite

underwhelmed by the importance of your finds. Most detectorists would consider the gold coin alone,

to be a once in a life time find and a true candidate for the banner. When you toss in the other coin finds

you've had an outrageous day hunting , congratulations ! Gregory, Santa Fe.
 
I can't believe your post reads so "Matter of fact", I have been detecting for 25 years and have never found a gold coin, a 2 cent piece, a 3 cent piece or a large cent! This coming from a person who does lots of research and hunts at locations where these coins should be found. So, you should know that those are some of the pinnacle finds of this hobby. Congratulations! Now lets see some pics ;D
 
The last time i found coins like that was at a coin show lol!
 
Most of us only dream of finding a gold coin like that.
 
Skrimpy said:
The "2 cent piece" and the "3 cent piece" productions both ended in 1873 and large cent production ended in 1857.

That's interesting actually, though the Nickel 3-Cent Piece was produced until 1889, still ten years short though. :icon_scratch:

I guess this will be be explained though when she posts the pics.
 
jeremeysmom23 said:
Will post some pics soon,they were found in Pearl River Co.(Picayune, Ms.)

Fantastic find jeremeysmom :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You give us fellow Mississipp's hope! I was beginning to think that old beer cans was all there was to find! Good job!
 
all the coins you said you found are top of the line finds in my book .great job
 
The three cent pieces are 1866 & 1871,Large cents are 1844 & 1848,Half Cent is 1853,2 Cent piece is 1866,
And the One cent pieces are 1847 & 1899. Will post the pictures later on today or in the Morning. :icon_sunny:
 
Man, once you post those photos--as long as they're good pics--we'll have a whole banner of coins up there. ::)


Great finds!
 
....................................."Withholding my HOLY SHEEEEITS until I see pics"....................................................








p.s.......your killing me. You know this right? 8)
 
Okay, I got it now.You found two Large cents dated 1844 and 1848, and two small cents dated 1847 and 1899. Congrats on the "rare" finds.
 
jsu said:
Okay, I got it now.You found two Large cents dated 1844 and 1848, and two small cents dated 1847 and 1899. Congrats on the rare finds.

And which 1847 small cent would that be? :icon_scratch:
 
Kiros32 said:
Skrimpy said:
The "2 cent piece" and the "3 cent piece" productions both ended in 1873 and large cent production ended in 1857.

That's interesting actually, though the Nickel 3-Cent Piece was produced until 1889, still ten years short though. :icon_scratch:

I guess this will be be explained though when she posts the pics.

I stand corrected. Silver 3 centers stopped in 73. i guess she could have found a nickel one but I stand by my guess that is she is talking about one 1844 LC and 2 flying eagles or indians of the same year between 57 and 99 and three flying eagles or indians of the same date from 57 to 99. Either that or she is messing with our heads.

jeremeysmom23 said:
The three cent pieces are 1866 & 1871,Large cents are 1844 & 1848,Half Cent is 1853,2 Cent piece is 1866,
And the One cent pieces are 1847 & 1899. Will post the pictures later on today or in the Morning. :icon_sunny:
ah. this makes more sense. Now let's see the pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom