What's new

$5 Gold and old pocket spill

IAsoldier

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
218
Golden Thread
0
Location
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now rewind 3 month ago on a Thursday evening I had to drive to CB to stop by my College and hand in some paperwork for finiacial aid. After talking and bsing with College rep for about a hour. I headed to my favorite park thats not to far from the College grounds. Well after pooking around a few hours and about to give up do to time and the wife calling where your at. I took a gamble and the next signal I heard a just dig it. Well It was well worth it, and yes I did the dance also and a few words, I scored a $ 5.00 Gold 1903-S. Now this is the same area I found that 1877 IH penny awhile back. I bet your wonder why it took me so long to post this. Here's the reason, It was in my lock box and either I or my other half missplaced to key and after cleaning the house today I found it. So now I can post it with out you guys wondering where's the pic.

Now today I played in early morning from 0900-1030 to beat the heat wave thats been hanging around us. I found a old pocket spill of some very old coins in area which I believe was a hang out during the Victorian area. It's not much but I was surprised at the condition of the coins (pics provided). 25c 1858, 1852 3c Silver, 1867 3c Nickel, and a 1869 2C piece. Now since Im in the right area maybe more will show up if we had so rain. HH all and drink water....
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 237
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    62.9 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Upvote 22
When you first posted yesterday your post said you were surprised at the condition of the pocket spill. Me too, you were extremely fortunate to have the 2-center retain its copper color.
 
umrgolf said:
When you first posted yesterday your post said you were surprised at the condition of the pocket spill. Me too, you were extremely fortunate to have the 2-center retain its copper color.



Does seem kinda odd.
 
Now that I know I can find gold. A gold coin is now my quest! :)

Great find!

HH!
 
If you where there you'll understand. Ground condition makes a big differents. Also quit being so judge mental.
 
IAsoldier said:
If you where there you'll understand. Ground condition makes a big differents. Also quit being so judge mental.


Forums are meant to be judgmental. Quit jumping to conclusions.
 
Na I like opinions
 
Wow! Incredible finds!
 
what did the gold coin come in at what number
 
fantastic finds! How big/small is that gold compaired to a dime or quarter?
 
Gold is my dream find.! congrats on the nice finds
 
wow, amazing finds!
 
what did the gold coin come in at what number

I do the smart screen and it was in the pull tab/trash range but had a different tone to it. Not like a regular pull tab would sound like.
 
Those coins are just plain AWESOME!
Thanks for the pix,
Bunker
 
Wow! What a nice hunting spot!
 
That gold coin is amazing, I can only hope to find one someday..... That quarter is really kewl too!
 
I am dead from jealousy. This is my ghost speaking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom