What's new

5 whats its

Kieth-Tx

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
605
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple friends called and wanted to go on a water hunt....uhh...showed up at the beach and overloaded with people at 7 am this morning! go to plan "B"....hit an old part of the original town that is no longer there...now in the water. So we just picked a spot and waded out. Within minutes my buddy got a Minie and so everybody slowed down and the finds started popping out. I found a few Minies and the normal Whatsits then my first plate shows up in my scoop...it was kinda hard doing the chicken dance in the water but I tried! ;D Here are the pics of everything I pulled out today....except the 40 fishing weights. One is what appears to be a toy musket, a brass bracket of some sort, a plate style brass bracket with a hole for pivoting I guess, a plug and a brass ???. Thanks for looking and any help is appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 7;2;2011 001.webp
    7;2;2011 001.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 611
  • 7;2;2011 009.webp
    7;2;2011 009.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 577
  • 7;2;2011 008.webp
    7;2;2011 008.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 590
  • 7;2;2011 007.webp
    7;2;2011 007.webp
    20.7 KB · Views: 590
  • 7;2;2011 006.webp
    7;2;2011 006.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 593
  • 7;2;2011 005.webp
    7;2;2011 005.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 588
  • 7;2;2011 004.webp
    7;2;2011 004.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 598
  • 7;2;2011 003.webp
    7;2;2011 003.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 590
  • 7;2;2011 002.webp
    7;2;2011 002.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 600
Ok, my bad! I just went back and looked and noticed the tape measure isn't to scale. What is about an inch on a measuring tape is only about a half inch on the picture. And I guess it's shadow or dirt on the tip of that one bullet that makes it look like an exposed lead nose? I puzzled over that for the longest time and now I see what makes it look different to me. Oh well, spank my butt and call me Charlie or however that goes. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Kieth, the piece with the 2 round eyelet feet and hook looks like some type of rod holder, and since it's so small, I'd say single curtain rod. Breezie
It does kinda look like a curtain rod bracket but I cant say for sure. :dontknow: I have small ones in my camper. Is it broken?
 

Attachments

  • curtain bracket.webp
    curtain bracket.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0
No...it is complete and made of brass. It is heavy enough for the job...just tiny though.
 
Upvote 0
In that first picture at the top, secont article. That is like a petcock on an old style automobile radiator, or possibly a drain petcock for an air compressor to drain condensatioin out of its tank. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom