$500 in half dollars produced..... ...... ...... ..... ....

Sounds like the 2 boxes I did tonight A big fat zero for the silver. Next 2 boxes tomorrow I hope is better....Matt

Trailer Trash Tim said:
I am pretty new to CRH... what does NIFCS mean, and are the 1776-1976 coins worth anything?
NIFC is a not intended for circulation coin, coins like proofs or commemeratives could be considered NIFC's as well as the 1987 year half dollar which was only minted for uncirculated sets and never released for circulation. Half dollars 2003-Now are also NIFC's. in order to get them, someone needed to along the line break open a mint set (uncirculated set) or dump a mint bag... Hope this helps!

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Bicentennials (1776-1976) were minted both in 1975 and 1976 that is why you will never see a half dollar marked 1975... They are not worth keeping unless they are in real nice condition(in my opinion)... They are worth face value. (Annoyances to most of us who CRH halves)

:thumbsup:

BuffaloBoy said:
Bicentennials (1776-1976) were minted both in 1975 and 1976 that is why you will never see a half dollar marked 1975... They are not worth keeping unless they are in real nice condition(in my opinion)... They are worth face value. (Annoyances to most of us who CRH halves)

I was pretty sure they were not worth nothing, or not keepers. I did some research on it, but just wanted to see what others thought of them. My first box of halves i opened, I got 96 of them. So just for shit n giggles, I put them up on ebay and sold all 96 to some guy for 75 bucks plus shipping....

Trailer Trash Tim said:
BuffaloBoy said:

I was pretty sure they were not worth nothing, or not keepers. I did some research on it, but just wanted to see what others thought of them. My first box of halves i opened, I got 96 of them. So just for --deleted-- n giggles, I put them up on ebay and sold all 96 to some guy for 75 bucks plus shipping....
very good ;D

I recently had a skunk box that had at least 400 bicentennials. I bet the total number was over 500.

Just last week, I got my first bag. It was obvious that someone dumped a bicentennial collection. Most were in AWESOME condition. There were way more bicentennials in that bag than there was in the box!

ughh.. hopefully i don't average anything above 7.75% bicenetnials next box :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back