What's new

53 wormed musket balls in one hole

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing these were in a sack awaiting remelting.

ForumRunner_20140202_180003.webp



ForumRunner_20140202_180018.webp

I found a few dropped and fired 69 caliber balls not far from these
 
Actually found along waterways when laws on isolated finds were different here.
with the name gator, I would imagine you are south of here!What part of the country are you from?
 
Florida.
The musket balls and some of the pipes are associated with military occupation during the Second Seminole War 1835-1842
 
Last edited:
You just keep pulling out the good stuff I like to see it.. Your lucky I wish I could search outside right now dang snow in my way lol so I just keep looking in the crawl space and under the porch
 
Dang Gatorboy! I'm impressed with that many musket balls! Lucky dog!
 
You just keep pulling out the good stuff I like to see it.. Your lucky I wish I could search outside right now dang snow in my way lol so I just keep looking in the crawl space and under the porch

Haha! I'm sorry I would be the same way. I'm pretty blessed down here I'm heading off to a 1715 fleet shipwreck beach in the morning.
Thanks Donny
 
Haha! I'm sorry I would be the same way. I'm pretty blessed down here I'm heading off to a 1715 fleet shipwreck beach in the morning.
Thanks Donny

Do you usually find a cob or two when you go there?
 
I wish it were that easy.
Conditions are actually bad right now since the prevailing winds have piled a lot of sand up on the beach covering up most everything old.
I adapt with the weather however and just change what I'm looking for and where on the beach I look.
This is a bad time to find old cob coins and other metal objects from the wreck up on the beach.. It is a good time though to find less dense items with more surface area washed up on the beach like ceramics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom