54 Degrees in Ohio I'll Take It.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I woke up today and knowing it was going to be in the mid 50's today :hello2: I dreaded going to work since we have been experiencing -20 wind chill a few days ago. :BangHead: After a couple hours I decided to take the afternoon off with my Boss's approval. :thumbsup: Went home, got changed and headed back to the woods just down the road. It was a grey rainy day, but boy did it feel great detecting again. :occasion14: I was swinging the F2 with a sharpshooter coil since bit the F75LTD and F70 have been cleaned up and stored. First target was a wheat, 2nd target wheat and then I walked to another area. Pulled plenty of foil and only 90 cents total. On the way back to the car 3 hours later I got another wheat and my last target was my 1st silver for the year. It was a 1940 GW quarter.

All Finds (less trash)
20180111_172515.jpg

Today's Keepers
20180111_172717.jpg

Snow and cold is coming back in tomorrow. Gonna be in the teens and is supposed to drop 3 to 5 inches of that white stuff. Glad I got out and swung the coil. I mean no one on their death bed ever wished they worked 4 more hours. :tongue3:

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 43

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, this weather was a surprise for me too. It officially got to 62 in the Pittsburgh area. Wait 24 hours and it'll be crappy again. Watch out for that flu that's going around as I've heard it's real bad.

edit to add: Sorry as I forgot to congratulate you on your finds. My bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, this weather was a surprise for me too. It officially got to 62 in the Pittsburgh area. Wait 24 hours and it'll be crappy again. Watch out for that flu that's going around as I've heard it's real bad.

I read an article that it's real bad West of me in the Toledo area, one hospital is so full they are turning away patients.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The shotgun headstamps and spoon are keepers too.... sweet digs!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt! The F2 can still get it done. What a nice and light turn on and go machine.

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been sick since the 2nd. It totally sucks

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well,done K Dog. Good luck and I hope the weather cooperates.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m so jealous you got out.;(

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds and the weather. It has been really nice out here in Az this winter. Temps well above norms. I had a nice hunt today and should get some pictures posted tomorrow.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see yah got out Loco, same here with the cold congrats on your finds..:icon_thumright:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the hunt and your first silver.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on getting out and your first silver of the year. Congrats!
Looks like winter again after today, pouring rain here. knocked the snow pack down a foot so there's bare spots now even, but forecasting a dumping of 8" tonight.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Loco. Our weather here in Illinois has been just like yours. We hit 58 degrees yesterday, but I was working all day. Cold and snow is coming back to us also. Glad you at least got your fix in for a few hours.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I woke up today and knowing it was going to be in the mid 50's today :hello2: I dreaded going to work since we have been experiencing -20 wind chill a few days ago. :BangHead: After a couple hours I decided to take the afternoon off with my Boss's approval. :thumbsup: Went home, got changed and headed back to the woods just down the road. It was a grey rainy day, but boy did it feel great detecting again. :occasion14: I was swinging the F2 with a sharpshooter coil since bit the F75LTD and F70 have been cleaned up and stored. First target was a wheat, 2nd target wheat and then I walked to another area. Pulled plenty of foil and only 90 cents total. On the way back to the car 3 hours later I got another wheat and my last target was my 1st silver for the year. It was a 1940 GW quarter.

All Finds (less trash)
View attachment 1535958

Today's Keepers
View attachment 1535956

Snow and cold is coming back in tomorrow. Gonna be in the teens and is supposed to drop 3 to 5 inches of that white stuff. Glad I got out and swung the coil. I mean no one on their death bed ever wished they worked 4 more hours. :tongue3:

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

I'm glad you were able to get out before the storm. They covered their rears on our prediction: anywhere from 2" - 24" lol!
Congrats on the finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions