What's new

54 in one box

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
That's how many were poached, restuffed, returned and finally reboxed by Brinks - they never made it to the Binford hopper. This is the second week in a row I got a Brinks box like this.
The rolls are marked with the number of replacements needed. The total was 54 - darn nice box! They also shorted me by 2 in one roll.


The next box made up for it with this little beauty!
 

Attachments

  • 70 D.webp
    70 D.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 772
Upvote 0
Amazing Tim! I'm Still waiting for that illusive 70. Nice Box. I found 6.50 in 40% in my Window when I went in this morning after a day off.
Started the day off Right!!
Happy Hunting,
CC
 
I'm not following what you are saying? 54 keepers? 40%s 90%s ???

Jim
 
TXTim said:
That's how many were poached, restuffed, returned and finally reboxed by Brinks - they never made it to the Binford hopper. This is the second week in a row I got a Brinks box like this.
The rolls are marked with the number of replacements needed. The total was 54 - darn nice box! They also shorted me by 2 in one roll.


The next box made up for it with this little beauty!

CRH Rule / appeal

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,165025.0.html

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
TXTim said:
That's how many were poached, restuffed, returned and finally reboxed by Brinks - they never made it to the Binford hopper. This is the second week in a row I got a Brinks box like this.
The rolls are marked with the number of replacements needed. The total was 54 - darn nice box! They also shorted me by 2 in one roll.


The next box made up for it with this little beauty!

CRH Rule / appeal

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,165025.0.html

Mojo
LOL. Errr, I am still looking for that elusive 70ish.
 
jim4silver said:
I'm not following what you are saying? 54 keepers? 40%s 90%s ???

Jim

Like mojo says-

Heres a picture of what was inside the new, taped Brinks box - all unravelled on one end:

cwr rolls.webp

As far as the 70 - that was #6 for me.
 
TXTim said:
jim4silver said:
I'm not following what you are saying? 54 keepers? 40%s 90%s ???

Jim

Like mojo says-

Heres a picture of what was inside the new, taped Brinks box - all unravelled on one end:




As far as the 70 - that was #6 for me.


Gotcha TXTim,

I wrote a post about getting a box with rolls all containing a nice slit up the side recently. The post created alot of debate about whether we as CRHers should be mad at getting boxes like this or just be happy to have the privilege of CRHing and not complain and accept it happily. Thus, I did not mention that two days later I got another box from another bank in town in the exact same condition. All Brinks rolls. No silver in the second box. The inept CRHer actually missed a 40%er in the first box, because his lazy a$$ did not open all the rolls properly (by tearing them up) so he could see the light rim on the end coin of the roll.

Apparently there is a CRHer now in town submitting his returns this way and Brinks is selling them back with the slits. I hope I don't get anymore of these but who knows. I am arranging to get some boxes from another bank that uses a company other than Brinks to see how they go.

Jim
 
Wow... that blows guys that you are all getting pre-searched stuff. Crazy times in the CRH world.

That 1970 is nice... still one I need to find for my book... someday...

~Dave
 
I think it depends on how the halves are returned. There are a couple of branches that I return the halves in the original box. If I do that, then Brinks doesn't touch it, they just take it from the branch that is returning it and send it on to another branch that requests it, without re-rolling anything. If I return the halves in a bag, then they go back to the money center and are re-rolled. I mentioned that to a teller that I know and she said that it happens all the time. She's even sent back mutilated currency only to get it back the next week with her currency order, including the mutilated form.

Scott
 
srcdco said:
I think it depends on how the halves are returned. There are a couple of branches that I return the halves in the original box. If I do that, then Brinks doesn't touch it, they just take it from the branch that is returning it and send it on to another branch that requests it, without re-rolling anything. If I return the halves in a bag, then they go back to the money center and are re-rolled. I mentioned that to a teller that I know and she said that it happens all the time. She's even sent back mutilated currency only to get it back the next week with her currency order, including the mutilated form.

Scott


Scott,

How do they (Brinks and or your bank) know that the rolls you return in the box have the correct count?

It seems to me it would be faster for Brinks to run them through their counting machine and re-roll them as opposed to having someone take out each roll and counting the coins. Maybe they don't count them at all? I don't know.

I now refuse to accept any boxes like this anymore. I open them (the boxes) in the parking lot before I leave. If I get anymore with slit rolls they are going right back to the bank.

I have found that the boxes with slit rolls are not re-taped. I looked at my second box last week with slit rolls and it was not re-taped, just closed up. My other box like that last week may have been the same. But since I open my boxes with a box cutter along the top, I don't mess with the taped end so I do not know if my first bad box like this was taped or not.

Jim
 
Yeah I hate that crap! I stopped by a bank this morning while waiting for a prescription refill. Got $200 in hand rolls and found 3 90% and 4 40%. Went back for more and got the last two hand rolls and found one more 40% and the rest ($230) in Fed rolls. Got to the truck and noticed they all had one end picked open. I hope the CRHer who did that gets nothing but skunks for the next 6 months!
 
First, I doubt very much that they count the rolls. They take them at face value and turn them around.

Second, if the tape is broken, I wouldn't accept it either. Every box I've got has the tape on it. I've received some boxes that were obviously dropped, but not broken open.

Third, for the person that was upset about getting fed rolls that had one end opened (and presumably been searched), that's what I do. That way I can reuse the wrappers and save on trash and paper. I do mark the outside of the rolls with a "XX", so if you get rolls like that, those are mine. I'm sorry you don't like it, but I don't like waste either.

Scott
 
srcdco said:
First, I doubt very much that they count the rolls. They take them at face value and turn them around.

Second, if the tape is broken, I wouldn't accept it either. Every box I've got has the tape on it. I've received some boxes that were obviously dropped, but not broken open.

Third, for the person that was upset about getting fed rolls that had one end opened (and presumably been searched), that's what I do. That way I can reuse the wrappers and save on trash and paper. I do mark the outside of the rolls with a "XX", so if you get rolls like that, those are mine. I'm sorry you don't like it, but I don't like waste either.

Scott

Scott,

If they are not counting the coins in the rolls then they are not doing their job. These companies are contracted by the fed reserve to handle bills and coins and be the liaison between the fed and the individual banks.

My opinion though why most people do their rolls like you (not saying you in particular) do has more to do with not wanting to take the time to re-roll them than deal with waste. The paper rolls are probably recyclable, and it really sucks to get a box full of someone else's rejects. But to each his or her own.

Jim
 
With a minimum of time and effort you don't have to reroll at all. There are two banks that I deal with that have coin counting machines that will count your coins no charge whether or not you have an account with them or not. In the month or so I've been CRHing I've probably run a couple of thousand in coins through these two machines. I've even counted out a couple of bags beforehand to check for accuracy. I also deposit all the coins I'm having counted at one branch and withdraw my boxes of fed rolls from the other branch. I've also walked in to several other banks and have them run my coins through their machines if they aren't too busy. Yesterday I actually had a teller manually count out $200 dollars in halves while I waited so the "saving paper don't want to waste" argument doesn't really fly.
 
Actually it does here, since there aren't any banks with counting machines close to me. I've actually asked my bank why they don't get the counting machines and their response is that they are too expensive to maintain and they aren't worth the trouble. So, reusing the wrappers is still the best option that I have. I'd love it if someone would get counting machines near me. I believe the closest ones are in Syracuse, which is over an hour away.

Scott
 
srcdco said:
Actually it does here, since there aren't any banks with counting machines close to me. I've actually asked my bank why they don't get the counting machines and their response is that they are too expensive to maintain and they aren't worth the trouble. So, reusing the wrappers is still the best option that I have. I'd love it if someone would get counting machines near me. I believe the closest ones are in Syracuse, which is over an hour away.

Scott



Hey Scott see if one of the banks will take them back in $1000.00 bags , my bank suggested it so I that is what I have been doing and I know some others on here do also , Ed
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom