What's new

5cent good for in trade stamped s&z on back scalloped edges

Markstephencassidy

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 28, 2015
Messages
7
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First timer here. Found this token from a property in Berea. Home built in 1850. Hopefully the pic will post. Any info anyone has is much appreciated.
Thank You In Advance!
Mark

image.webp
image.webp
 
Upvote 12
Company Scrip for S&Z Tool & Die Co.

Berea Rd. Cleveland, Ohio
 
The reference OWK used was:
Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.
[TABLE="align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]

Unlisted

[TD="width: 100"] [TABLE="align: left"]
[TR]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [TABLE="width: 100"]
[TR]
[TD] [TABLE="width: 100"]
[TR]
[TD]WM[/TD]
[TD]R[/TD]
[TD]26[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] [CA1] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[TD]
S & Z TOOL AND DIE CO. INC. / S Z (logo) / 1943
(blank)
TC-389927 *** S&Z Tool & Die Co., 3180 Berea Rd., Cleveland, Ohio

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
which I don't think is related to your piece. Yours looks like a typical trade token from (probably) a saloon owned by two individuals with those initials. It may be worth searching references for the area where you found it ca. 1895-1915.
John in the Great 208
 
which I don't think is related to your piece. Yours looks like a typical trade token from (probably) a saloon owned by two individuals with those initials. It may be worth searching references for the area where you found it ca. 1895-1915.
John in the Great 208

I understood the original poster's assertion that the token was found in Barea, to mean it was found in Barea, Ohio.

Perhaps not.
 
BUTCH CASSIDY WAIT,I MEAN M.S. CASSIDY I COULD NOT MAKE OUT YOUR FIND FOR ME OLE EYES ARE BAD. I NOW SEE WHAT YOU HAVE AND TNET MEMBER CHIMED IN WITH INFO TO INDENTIFY IT.
 
Nice find, and welcome to T.N.
 
Idaho, thank you for looking but S&Z Tool and Die is defunct now. The business opens in 1943 and I think this coin was stamped before then. Correct me if Im wrong on the stamping of this coin previous to 1943. I do appreciate your time!

Mark
 
I should have used that as my username..butch
 
Mark--did you read my post??? I'm saying yours is not from S&Z Tool & Die.
John
Idaho, thank you for looking but S&Z Tool and Die is defunct now. The business opens in 1943 and I think this coin was stamped before then. Correct me if Im wrong on the stamping of this coin previous to 1943. I do appreciate your time!

Mark
 
Great good for 5 cents in trade you found Welcome to T.N. Come back again soon.
 
I have seen similar design looking type scalloped edged tokens (zinc) from the 1940's era --as dinsmore , florida ....diary farm tokens .. remember althought the house / farm might be old...... the token might be a more modern 1940's era s & z tool works made "token" from the WW2 era ..dropped at a later date..
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom