5cent good for in trade stamped s&z on back scalloped edges

Markstephencassidy

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First timer here. Found this token from a property in Berea. Home built in 1850. Hopefully the pic will post. Any info anyone has is much appreciated.
Thank You In Advance!
Mark

image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 6
Company Scrip for S&Z Tool & Die Co.

Berea Rd. Cleveland, Ohio

The reference OWK used was:
Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A.

Unlisted
WMR26

[CA1]
S & Z TOOL AND DIE CO. INC. / S Z (logo) / 1943
(blank)
TC-389927 *** S&Z Tool & Die Co., 3180 Berea Rd., Cleveland, Ohio

which I don't think is related to your piece. Yours looks like a typical trade token from (probably) a saloon owned by two individuals with those initials. It may be worth searching references for the area where you found it ca. 1895-1915.
John in the Great 208

which I don't think is related to your piece. Yours looks like a typical trade token from (probably) a saloon owned by two individuals with those initials. It may be worth searching references for the area where you found it ca. 1895-1915.
John in the Great 208

I understood the original poster's assertion that the token was found in Barea, to mean it was found in Barea, Ohio.

Perhaps not.

BUTCH CASSIDY WAIT,I MEAN M.S. CASSIDY I COULD NOT MAKE OUT YOUR FIND FOR ME OLE EYES ARE BAD. I NOW SEE WHAT YOU HAVE AND TNET MEMBER CHIMED IN WITH INFO TO INDENTIFY IT.

Idaho, thank you for looking but S&Z Tool and Die is defunct now. The business opens in 1943 and I think this coin was stamped before then. Correct me if Im wrong on the stamping of this coin previous to 1943. I do appreciate your time!

Mark

Mark--did you read my post??? I'm saying yours is not from S&Z Tool & Die.
John
Idaho, thank you for looking but S&Z Tool and Die is defunct now. The business opens in 1943 and I think this coin was stamped before then. Correct me if Im wrong on the stamping of this coin previous to 1943. I do appreciate your time!

Mark

Great good for 5 cents in trade you found Welcome to T.N. Come back again soon.

I have seen similar design looking type scalloped edged tokens (zinc) from the 1940's era --as dinsmore , florida ....diary farm tokens .. remember althought the house / farm might be old...... the token might be a more modern 1940's era s & z tool works made "token" from the WW2 era ..dropped at a later date..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back