VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Recent hard rains have packed the soil in the Native American village where we hunt after Burley Tobacco was planted on the site. We could walk between the rows without damaging the small plants. With a temperature of 58 degrees and low humidity, Steve & I met at the site at 6 am this morning. We only hunted two hours but we found several artifacts shown in the first pic. I found the 2 in. Lost Lake specimen that had a re-sharpened point shown in the second pic in the middle. Lost Lake points date from the Early Archaic period 6,000-9,000 years BP (before present time). Thanks to Tnmountains for verifying it's a Lost Lake. Enjoy the video & HH, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN2054 (1024x815).jpg
    DSCN2054 (1024x815).jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN2055 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCN2055 (1024x768).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 23

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Those are fantastic finds! To be the first to hold something that old in your hand! Is fantastic!!!
Mega congrats!!!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! Those are fantastic finds! To be the first to hold something that old in your hand! Is fantastic!!!
Mega congrats!!!
Thanks MSB. It's a lot like holding a CW relic for the first time and YOU know exactly how that feels! Happy 4th Bud. HH, Q.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some outstanding finds Mr Q. That is one thing I have never found and I walked many rows of tobacco in Kentucky:tongue3:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice relics and thanks for the magazines and letting me buy your lunch. lol

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look great! What a peice of history!!! Found my first one this year while detection. Just laying on the ground. It's definitely a thrill. Thanks for sharing

HH RN

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice artifacts! Looks like a great site. I hunt tobacco fields as well. It makes them easier to find but also does a lot of damage. If I can find a whole point that's a good day.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Good video Quindy. Glad to see that you are still finding some relics! Love the song too, one of my favorites. I'll talk to you soon.

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great field finds, especially that Lost Lake! The Ohio Valley region really is one of the best places to hunt for Indian artifacts. I am a testament of that fact! I have lived a great deal of my life in northern Ky and still have a great many of the points I found back then. Cutting tobacco go many going into the collecting side of it. Still remember the time in the late 90s when the Ohio River level dropped really low and exposed the sand bar which was a common view before Markland Dam was out in during the late 1950s. Spent a whole weekend hunting the sandbar between Ghent, Ky and Carrollton, Ky. All the mosquito bites times a million couldn't ruin that weekend. When it was all said and done, I walked out with an Army green duffle bag full of artifacts. Lots of ceremonial stuff....double barbed 35 pound axe, nine knives which I thought then to be spearheads, but they were each over six inches long. Long ceremonial pipes, gorgets, a couple discoidals, pestles, and several other effigy type items. Not even mentioning all the beautiful points I dug out of the sand bar. A very well known gentlemen of artifacts quoted me a dollar amount of $$$,$$$ and I couldn't refuse it. Bought a nice house and a new car. wish I had some of that stuff back now....the axe and a couple knives would be nice. Most of my old hunting grounds are over-grown now. Still recall the days of walking between the rows and always finding something. I think there's probably no till soybean growing in those places now. That was 2011 last time I went. After seeing your video it reminded me of the times, so I told the wife I definitely have to get back to Ky and hunt some points and metal detect. I look forward to the chance. Arrowheads are boring down here....stemmed and crude points to say the least. Once again, enjoyed the video and love that point. My banner vote is in!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Quindy. You guys are killing it. Pretty fun when you take the hunts back thousands of years instead of hundreds. Back to the stone age!
Nice lost Lake they are hard to find with the ears still on after such a long, long time!
Thanks for sharing and enjoyed the video.
HH
TnMtns

TennJoshT

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Quindy. Y'all found several points. More rain maybe this weekend and hit it again. Me, you and Doug need to get out one morning.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt Quindy. Y'all found several points. More rain maybe this weekend and hit it again. Me, you and Doug need to get out one morning.
Thanks Josh1 The Trio does need to get together and hunt CW relics. Expecting a good fall relic season. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great field finds, especially that Lost Lake! The Ohio Valley region really is one of the best places to hunt for Indian artifacts. I am a testament of that fact! I have lived a great deal of my life in northern Ky and still have a great many of the points I found back then. Cutting tobacco go many going into the collecting side of it. Still remember the time in the late 90s when the Ohio River level dropped really low and exposed the sand bar which was a common view before Markland Dam was out in during the late 1950s. Spent a whole weekend hunting the sandbar between Ghent, Ky and Carrollton, Ky. All the mosquito bites times a million couldn't ruin that weekend. When it was all said and done, I walked out with an Army green duffle bag full of artifacts. Lots of ceremonial stuff....double barbed 35 pound axe, nine knives which I thought then to be spearheads, but they were each over six inches long. Long ceremonial pipes, gorgets, a couple discoidals, pestles, and several other effigy type items. Not even mentioning all the beautiful points I dug out of the sand bar. A very well known gentlemen of artifacts quoted me a dollar amount of $$$,$$$ and I couldn't refuse it. Bought a nice house and a new car. wish I had some of that stuff back now....the axe and a couple knives would be nice. Most of my old hunting grounds are over-grown now. Still recall the days of walking between the rows and always finding something. I think there's probably no till soybean growing in those places now. That was 2011 last time I went. After seeing your video it reminded me of the times, so I told the wife I definitely have to get back to Ky and hunt some points and metal detect. I look forward to the chance. Arrowheads are boring down here....stemmed and crude points to say the least. Once again, enjoyed the video and love that point. My banner vote is in!
Thanks Bill. To make things worse, they are "plugging" tobacco now which is no till. Tobacco was previously he only crop requiring deep plowing every year. Now, that is out. No till saves fuel and is better for erosion control but it kills artifact hunting and indirectly negatively influences CW relic hunting. Thanks for looking Bill. The good ole days are about gone for recovering good artifacts on the surface. HH, Q.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reminds me of hunting the tobacco fields in Kentucky 25 years ago. Great times.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just beautiful, Q & Steve!! That low humidity was nice, wasn't it? Happy 4th!!
Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread