What's new

6 3/8" Screamer Sedalia

StevefromMissouri

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
279
Reaction score
388
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went out the other night with the headlamp and found the smaller 4 3/8" inch point first. About 20 minutes later, out popped this 6 3/8" monster with just killer flaking and thinness. Too bad about the damage. It's the second longest point from the site--the longest is 7 1/4". I'd bet the same maker made them. If you look at the base, both have the tiny little flares at the end.
This area of the field has less total artifacts, but the quality and size has been better. I've found 8 or 9 really nicely made Sedalias and Sedalia Diggers that were broken that would've been really nice and long.
May you next hunt be your best hunt EVER!!!!








 
Upvote 0
That is a spectacular Sedalia!! What are you called the second piece? That's an interesting piece too, I like it a lot.
 
I'm screamin about your screamer!!!!!! WTG!!!! And at night WOW!!! CONGRATS... HH
 
very fine workmanship....so nice and thin
glad you found it!
 
Two super finds:icon_thumleft:. If I could find stuff like that at night I would be out there with a headlight. Why do you hunt at night:icon_scratch:
 
2 great ones! By the damage it looks like the disc almost got it. Glad you saved it in time, rock
 
SteveFM,
you got it goin' on in that field. Those two finds are once in a lifetime for many.
Great nocturnal job.
 
Holy sh*t!! That's awesome! And you found it at night, amazing. Only place I'm finding anything remotely like that is at your house!
 
First point with the medial ridge could be an "Eden", but it is way older than that smokin Sedalia!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom