What's new

6-9 finds

willie d

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
4,010
Reaction score
394
Golden Thread
0
Location
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No 11 hour hunt today.
 
Upvote 0
Sorry about your scoops but it does happen when you dig a lot. Enjoyed your video.
 
Sorry about your scoops but it does happen when you dig a lot. Enjoyed your video.
Thanks Les. I figured I'd have a problem with the wooden handle before the welds would be an issue.

I don't dig that much, do I? :laughing7:
 
thanks for the video Willy, the backup scoop saved the day and just enforces why we hold onto any back up gear.........good hunt
 
thanks for the video Willy, the backup scoop saved the day and just enforces why we hold onto any back up gear.........good hunt
No arguement there. Thanks for the reply DaleGM.
 
That was a heck of a lot of bottle caps were you hunting in AM? Digging those really takes it tole on a scoop..... they get down there deep. Not every days a happy dance day. Just not much on the dry/wet sand around here either.

Dew
 
Nice finds! Bummer about the scoop! Don't feel bad, I broke all the welds, bucket completely came off the shaft on an RTG unit. Had a local guy welder up cheaply. Lemme know if ya need a number to have it patched. He's in the Palm Harbor area.
 
Thanks for the vid....sorry about the scoop...smart to have a backup.
 
Thanks guys.

Dewcon: I run my Sov GT in Disc at 0. About half of the caps were surface finds. Sanded in pretty bad here. I dug a beer can at about a foot. I could see the lighter sand and shell layer just beneath the can.

DewGuru: I appreciate the welder info offer. I put out the word to friends and family. Within 30 min I got 2 offers, so I should have it taken care of.

Lookindown: It was just dumb luck that I didn't sell it a while back. Sometimes things just work out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom