6 boxes

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
Opened a new account under the agreement that I would be able to order 6-8 boxes a week. Made sure that the head teller and manager ok'd it before I signed for the account. My father and I went and placed the first order but as you know he was not able to make it for the pick up. The total take for 6 boxes was:

2x Walkers
6x 90's
11x 40's

Forgot to mention that I opened the account at wells fargo. When I picked up the order I was told by the manager that I will not be able to order coins again. I explained to her that we had an agreement and she suddenly fell victim to amnesia. Needless to say I closed the account but not before cleaning them out of dimes.

Scored 3x

Managed to find another bank that would order 2-4 boxes per week. But we'll see how that one plays out.

P.S. Thanks for all of the kind words.

Upvote 0

bsktbllsam

Apr 16, 2011
byrne3 said:
Sounds silly to close the account just because one branch said no more coin orders.. Aren't there enough wells fargo in your area to simply try another branch? I get this kind of thing all the time. Some branches are ok, some are not.. I stick with the ones that are ok with me ordering coin. And it doesn't matter where you opened the account..

this...

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they give you a reason? Not bad for 6 boxes, thanks for the post.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Haul. My heartfelt thoughts to your family.

apush :read2:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
byrne3 said:
Sounds silly to close the account just because one branch said no more coin orders.. Aren't there enough wells fargo in your area to simply try another branch? I get this kind of thing all the time. Some branches are ok, some are not.. I stick with the ones that are ok with me ordering coin. And it doesn't matter where you opened the account..

I think it has more to do with principle. They basically lied to him to get his business. I would have done the same exact thing.

[R.I.P Rich Hartford]

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
FreedomUIC said:
byrne3 said:

I think it has more to do with principle. They basically lied to him to get his business. I would have done the same exact thing.

[R.I.P Rich Hartford]

I would have as well, simply on principal.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
That sucks they lied to you like that.Another thought would be rather than closing the account to turn that branch into a mega dump bank. Also as many have said your Dad is very much missed and is certainly in all of our thoughts ( R.I.P. Rich Hartford )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread