What's new

6 Months Of Hunting

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s the end of June and for the most part field hunting is over here. Not much hunting here now until the river finally drops. This is what I’ve found so far. One of the best late Winter/Springs I’ve had in quite some time.
 

Attachments

  • A3C733B5-2825-4646-895B-1C08A0783161.webp
    A3C733B5-2825-4646-895B-1C08A0783161.webp
    521.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 3187B920-C165-4C60-8E3D-E53855BCF57E.webp
    3187B920-C165-4C60-8E3D-E53855BCF57E.webp
    439.9 KB · Views: 114
  • D621F235-1246-4F43-BB2C-3FDED84B7472.webp
    D621F235-1246-4F43-BB2C-3FDED84B7472.webp
    853.5 KB · Views: 111
  • D5145DE0-E77F-4C7B-8E79-B4D62DF2E64D.webp
    D5145DE0-E77F-4C7B-8E79-B4D62DF2E64D.webp
    428.8 KB · Views: 119
  • E4E8129B-3162-4857-81C5-87178E676961.webp
    E4E8129B-3162-4857-81C5-87178E676961.webp
    387.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 5B56076A-D731-4D10-854C-42C73E980F15.webp
    5B56076A-D731-4D10-854C-42C73E980F15.webp
    332.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 7B3F361E-D72F-4D71-AC7D-9861921C66DC.webp
    7B3F361E-D72F-4D71-AC7D-9861921C66DC.webp
    338.8 KB · Views: 110
  • C43193D9-C12E-4F38-9B4E-9BAAACE70CA0.webp
    C43193D9-C12E-4F38-9B4E-9BAAACE70CA0.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
  • F45EED10-07C7-4E93-8056-565E605B8496.webp
    F45EED10-07C7-4E93-8056-565E605B8496.webp
    580.6 KB · Views: 98
  • E9569BBF-079C-4CFE-BF1C-02FA6A25BEBD.webp
    E9569BBF-079C-4CFE-BF1C-02FA6A25BEBD.webp
    554.8 KB · Views: 110
  • EE9291E0-DF12-4557-9777-3DC50CD1FD89.webp
    EE9291E0-DF12-4557-9777-3DC50CD1FD89.webp
    513 KB · Views: 110
  • 72B37399-50EC-442D-AAB9-FA54431A95D3.webp
    72B37399-50EC-442D-AAB9-FA54431A95D3.webp
    442.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 0D9ADDEB-F1AB-45F4-B758-E8E7DD6E1C85.webp
    0D9ADDEB-F1AB-45F4-B758-E8E7DD6E1C85.webp
    561.8 KB · Views: 96
  • B848F28D-CB1C-4713-AAFA-C7F6ACC4CEDF.webp
    B848F28D-CB1C-4713-AAFA-C7F6ACC4CEDF.webp
    500.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 7C9E0CA1-7DEA-4A65-A9B0-CE342D3AB547.webp
    7C9E0CA1-7DEA-4A65-A9B0-CE342D3AB547.webp
    441.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 72A1B018-5769-4DE3-BF6F-2D4C08C48C83.webp
    72A1B018-5769-4DE3-BF6F-2D4C08C48C83.webp
    475.9 KB · Views: 98
  • 4AF9D7EB-418B-4A8B-867E-15F232D0022B.webp
    4AF9D7EB-418B-4A8B-867E-15F232D0022B.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • 4AE96423-351E-499A-BBA0-44BAAF8FD6EB.webp
    4AE96423-351E-499A-BBA0-44BAAF8FD6EB.webp
    445.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 189F6EF8-EFD4-4540-B2CA-8033A7A238A0.webp
    189F6EF8-EFD4-4540-B2CA-8033A7A238A0.webp
    599.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 0D4CF167-EB28-450B-9BC8-F69C9EFA8799.webp
    0D4CF167-EB28-450B-9BC8-F69C9EFA8799.webp
    716.2 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
A couple trays I filled on this years finds and the best Point on the year. I added a few pictures of the better finds this year.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    534.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    341.3 KB · Views: 95
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    245.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    218 KB · Views: 80
  • E102DE33-6DE7-4CFA-8DEB-38D994F13D5A.webp
    E102DE33-6DE7-4CFA-8DEB-38D994F13D5A.webp
    349 KB · Views: 73
  • 68A35343-04CB-4262-B322-655CE5B1A011.webp
    68A35343-04CB-4262-B322-655CE5B1A011.webp
    411.7 KB · Views: 103
  • FE670EA6-3045-407A-87E9-F7411CD9768D.webp
    FE670EA6-3045-407A-87E9-F7411CD9768D.webp
    479.4 KB · Views: 74
  • D98AEF48-CB37-46DA-9B4A-0A17146AC673.webp
    D98AEF48-CB37-46DA-9B4A-0A17146AC673.webp
    535.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 098FDD5C-C15F-41CC-95EA-2932A6A6ED1A.webp
    098FDD5C-C15F-41CC-95EA-2932A6A6ED1A.webp
    66.9 KB · Views: 66
  • F303B379-F6C8-42C8-AE72-2C3BDA045917.webp
    F303B379-F6C8-42C8-AE72-2C3BDA045917.webp
    195.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 4013C390-AF1E-44E0-B2D9-C8D22841FD8F.webp
    4013C390-AF1E-44E0-B2D9-C8D22841FD8F.webp
    196.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 79DB6760-F4FF-4DB4-AC28-DDD051D828B2.webp
    79DB6760-F4FF-4DB4-AC28-DDD051D828B2.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 8928A8F7-1F29-4FA3-B215-A498F184D3B3.webp
    8928A8F7-1F29-4FA3-B215-A498F184D3B3.webp
    634.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 798A1EE2-DF5B-4024-BB8F-728B47A5EB67.webp
    798A1EE2-DF5B-4024-BB8F-728B47A5EB67.webp
    639.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
A nice collection in itself Steve. You da man!

Edit: The hematite piece... is it a weight for an atlatl?
 
Last edited:
Enjoy looking at each and every one of them.
I think my favorite is the Hematite net weight-plummet. What a great find!
And the best Point of the year (so far) is a terrific add to your collection.

Thank you for posting these.
 
Really impressive collection of finds so far this year. Amazing to find so many. A lot of Natives dropping their tools!
 
Really nice finds and a whole lot of them too! I like that big tooth, is it a bear tooth? I was with a friend years ago who found a drilled tooth but it was small like a dogs tooth.
 
A friend that lives near here also had an unusually good year as well. Do you think it was because of all the rain we had this spring/summer? Keep up the good work! Gary
 
Keep it up, Greg! Schweeeet!
 
Dang dude!! You have really tore it up this year so far!!!

keep it up!!!
 
Wow! You did good Steve!
 
Wow! You've been busy lol!
 
A nice collection in itself Steve. You da man!

Edit: The hematite piece... is it a weight for an atlatl?

Thanks Terry. It's a Plummet and no one really knows thier true uses. Lots of speculation though.
 
Really nice finds and a whole lot of them too! I like that big tooth, is it a bear tooth? I was with a friend years ago who found a drilled tooth but it was small like a dogs tooth.

I believe it's a juvenile Bear. It looks just like the larger Bear Teeth I have that are drilled, only smaller.

Heres one I found last year that is huge. Unfortunately it’s not drilled either.
 

Attachments

  • E733480A-776F-497C-AE6A-0F8678617344.webp
    E733480A-776F-497C-AE6A-0F8678617344.webp
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • 4973EBEC-A8A0-4FCF-A34C-F10C0B5F4FFF.webp
    4973EBEC-A8A0-4FCF-A34C-F10C0B5F4FFF.webp
    367.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
That stemmed point is a killer! Congrats on all your finds. I think field season is about over here in Indiana as well
 
That stemmed point is a killer! Congrats on all your finds. I think field season is about over here in Indiana as well

Beans here are rotting in some of the fields so they may have to plow those under. The ones that are doing okay are thriving though and really thick and the corn is chest to head high most places. Fields are done here until fall.
 
Looks like you are having a great year Steve. My searching is about over for the time being also, as I can't take the heat, or chiggers. Cheers to those great finds.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom