6 More Silvers, 22 Wheats...Finally, A Couple of Videos...Enjoy!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello again Everyone!

Sorry, guys, I know this is becoming monotonous for all of you, but for me it's sheer excitement! :occasion18:

Yesterday morning, Jon(GoldenApples) and I decided to head to a park along the coast in order to stay cool. I could feel the humidity at the park, but we stayed under the shade of the trees a good amount of time. When I saw Jon wearing a black sleeveless jacket, I thought he was nuts. It turns out that the jacket was lined with gel ice packs, so he was feeling great all day.

After arriving at the park, I started to work under a large rubber tree, which was pushing 100 years old. I started pulling one wheatie after another. I would yell out "Wheatie!", while Jon just nodded. I proceeded to pull 12 wheats from under that tree without 1 silver. Finally, near the top of the dirt hill, I got an iffy signal. About 4" in the dirt, I recovered my first silver of the day. A 1916 Merc (no mintmark :-[), which was next to a rusty piece of iron. I was really happy because this was my fourth consecutive hunt with my new coil that I struck silver. So the streak stays alive. After cresting the dirt hill, we came upon a patch of grass. This grassy area turned out to be very productive. Within minutes, I pulled the chopped Rosie, then a merc, then another merc, and still another merc after that. Jon caught a couple of these merc digs on video. Hope you enjoy the video. The second part of the video shows me locating a tough signal next to an underground pipe. So, all in all, it was another awesome day in S. CA. The new SE Pro Coil is a Winner! It even helped Jon to find a silver coin yesterday. Check the second vid out for more details. ::)

Thanks for looking and watching the videos!

Stay well hydrated out there.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

http://www.vimeo.com/1267522?pg=embed&sec=1267522

[video=vimeo;1267554]http://www.vimeo.com/1267554[/video]

Attachments

• IMG_2836_sm.jpg
    IMG_2836_sm.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,452
Upvote 0
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Dan, my good friend, as always, the vids were AWESOME! You and Jon have a great time together and it shows in the recoveries that you film for us.

I can't get sick of seeing the Captain and his good buddy, goldenapples, posting handfuls of wilvers and other oldies. That coil is kicking some serious buttocks, my good friend! :thumbsup:

Now, get out there and film some more turf recoveries for us, my good buddy from Cali! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Kyle

Hey Kyle. Thanks for the reply, my good buddy! Yes, the coil is awesome. This should have been the coil for the first SE. Minelab was a little behind on their design, but it's now on my machine to stay.
We'll try our best to film some more for you and everyone else who's interested.

Good luck at your sites this weekend!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

watercolor said:
Dan, awesome silver & videos!
After watching those recoveries I want to get a Minelab and move west
to seek my fortune (but I think you have that area pretty well covered :))

Best of luck with your future hunts,
watercolor

Thanks, Watercolor. Yeah, me and my buds have the area pretty much covered.
But you can always get a Minelab and knock 'em dead in your area.

Good luck to you too!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Sweet finds and Great videos.

Thanks for taking the time to post em!

Were you hunting in a bad area or something?

I was just wondering why Goldenapples was wearing a bullet proof vest?

Just kidding!

sparkymaster

LOL :D ;D :D ;D

Great finds Dan and thanks for letting me swing the coil, I will get me one soon..

Thanks to everyone and there kind words on the video.

Dan. Great video. Good to see you still saving the silver. I've been eyeballing that new coil. Didnt you hunt with the 1000 coil on your se before you got the new coil? I agree with your earlier post about the high sens causing too much falsing that sounds like deep chirping coins. How much more sens are you able to push through the new coil? Around here I run semi auto at 25 in the trash max. If I am somewhere relatively clean of trash I can push around 27 or 28 on manual, a little higher with a biger coil.

sparkymaster said:
Sweet finds and Great videos.

Thanks for taking the time to post em!

Just kidding!

sparkymaster

Thanks, Sparkymaster! This park wasn't in a bad area. The bullet proof vest was actually a refrigerated vest, filled with gel-ice packs. Jon said it was very effective for hot detecting days.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

rebelLT said:
Dan. Great video. Good to see you still saving the silver. I've been eyeballing that new coil. Didnt you hunt with the 1000 coil on your se before you got the new coil? I agree with your earlier post about the high sens causing too much falsing that sounds like deep chirping coins. How much more sens are you able to push through the new coil? Around here I run semi auto at 25 in the trash max. If I am somewhere relatively clean of trash I can push around 27 or 28 on manual, a little higher with a biger coil.

Hey, Rebel. Haven't heard from you for a while! Are you finding anything good? I was hunting with the 1050 (Quattro/Exp. II) coil before. The new coil is very stable. But it shines on unbelievable target separation and sensitivity to smaller targets. I was pulling the tiniest chopped pieces of wheaties with this coil. I was able to hear coin signals with the 1050 past 10" in some of my areas. I know I can do the same with this coil. I feel more comfortable with sensitivity around 23-25 manual, which I use almost all the time right now (higher with the 8" (29-30 man)). Most of the turf areas I hunt at are filled with trash. I have found no difference in depth capability when my sens. is in the low 20's manual compared to high 20's. When I was using higher sensitivities, I found that I was actually missing good targets because the coil was overloading/nulling out on iron more, not allowing me to get the great separation needed between good and trash targets. In addition, I've compared sensitivity settings on deep targets before I dug them, and everytime I could hear the deep target with sens. in the low 20's compared to high 20's. The signal only tapered off when I dropped sens. down to around 17-18.

Good luck to you!.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Great finds there, Dan!! The videos are a kick! I love watching that silver come out of the ground. Can't wait to see more.

By the way, have you been back to the old housing project in Riverside? I haven't been there in quite a while and don't know if the ground is still huntable or if they have started building there yet.

Ray

Ray in CA said:
Great finds there, Dan!! The videos are a kick! I love watching that silver come out of the ground. Can't wait to see more.

By the way, have you been back to the old housing project in Riverside? I haven't been there in quite a while and don't know if the ground is still huntable or if they have started building there yet.

Ray

Thanks, Ray! Glad you liked them.
No, I haven't been to Riverside in a while. Got some silver at Fairmount last time there.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Those were some of the best MDing videos ive seen. Make more please!

Thanks, Mike K, and cerF!! Glad you liked them. I've posted more in the past. Do a search with my username and the word "video". You should find more.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Sweeeet Silver Dan!! Its good to see you two fix up another video. When you start to run dry of silver, dont get any ideas ;D ;D Kansas is only big enough fer' one of us! I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on one of those new coils also. I just havent done it yet. Keep it up and stay cool. 8)

Johnny Ringo Silver said:
Sweeeet Silver Dan!! Its good to see you two fix up another video. When you start to run dry of silver, dont get any ideas ;D ;D Kansas is only big enough fer' one of us! I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on one of those new coils also. I just havent done it yet. Keep it up and stay cool. 8)

Thanks, Johnny!! I've got some friends in Iowa I know, but no one from Kansas, so you're safe. ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Good to see the coils earning its living. Whats your silver target for the year?

My time is just around the corner, as harvest is nearly here :icon_sunny:

CRUSADER said:
Good to see the coils earning its living. Whats your silver target for the year?

I'm jealous!

;D

Great Vids! I really enjoy watching them--they keep my passion HIGH on days I can't go diggin.

-Buckles

CRUSADER said:

Thanks, Crusader! I don't really have a silver target for the year this year. I know I will have fewer than last year (law of diminishing silver returns in the turf). I'm approaching 200, and am very fortunate to have found each one.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

BuckleBoy said:
CRUSADER said:

I'm jealous!

;D

Great Vids! I really enjoy watching them--they keep my passion HIGH on days I can't go diggin.

-Buckles

Thanks, Buckles!! Keep the passion high, and let's see some old CW era goodies from you! ::)

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back