6 More Silvers, 22 Wheats...Finally, A Couple of Videos...Enjoy!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello again Everyone!

Sorry, guys, I know this is becoming monotonous for all of you, but for me it's sheer excitement! :occasion18:

Yesterday morning, Jon(GoldenApples) and I decided to head to a park along the coast in order to stay cool. I could feel the humidity at the park, but we stayed under the shade of the trees a good amount of time. When I saw Jon wearing a black sleeveless jacket, I thought he was nuts. It turns out that the jacket was lined with gel ice packs, so he was feeling great all day.

After arriving at the park, I started to work under a large rubber tree, which was pushing 100 years old. I started pulling one wheatie after another. I would yell out "Wheatie!", while Jon just nodded. I proceeded to pull 12 wheats from under that tree without 1 silver. Finally, near the top of the dirt hill, I got an iffy signal. About 4" in the dirt, I recovered my first silver of the day. A 1916 Merc (no mintmark :-[), which was next to a rusty piece of iron. I was really happy because this was my fourth consecutive hunt with my new coil that I struck silver. So the streak stays alive. After cresting the dirt hill, we came upon a patch of grass. This grassy area turned out to be very productive. Within minutes, I pulled the chopped Rosie, then a merc, then another merc, and still another merc after that. Jon caught a couple of these merc digs on video. Hope you enjoy the video. The second part of the video shows me locating a tough signal next to an underground pipe. So, all in all, it was another awesome day in S. CA. The new SE Pro Coil is a Winner! It even helped Jon to find a silver coin yesterday. Check the second vid out for more details. ::)

Thanks for looking and watching the videos!

Stay well hydrated out there.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

http://www.vimeo.com/1267522?pg=embed&sec=1267522

[video=vimeo;1267554]http://www.vimeo.com/1267554[/video]

Attachments

• IMG_2836_sm.jpg
    IMG_2836_sm.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,452
Upvote 0
Nice coin finds Capt'n :occasion14:

Here's a "D" for the back of theat 1916 Merc !

Congrats ! :blob7:

Derek

Dan,

Hey, buddy, I am sorry for not responding in a quicker fashion. My life has been super busy lately.

I loved the vids with a passion, my friend! You should have seen my jib during the entire length...it was intently glaring at the computer screen. :D That SE coil is killer and I can see some more nice wilver recoveries to come. :wink:

Keep the passion high, friend from SoCal! :thumbsup:

Kirk

Really enjoyed those videos and all the loot y'all pulled, nice going.

Great videos and your silver count is going to be better than last years count!! I might have to think about getting that coil as well!!

Great video and post, keep them coming. All those great finds sure make me want to get a pro coil instead of the slimline I have now.
JDD

WOW DAN! You are lethal with that SE! GREAT FINDS!! The videos are awesome ~ the next best thing to actually being there with you! THANKS for sharing!

WTG on the silver :icon_king: Dan, and a bunch of wheats to boot. :thumbsup:

careful rubbin those mercs to see the date, if you have patience, its best to take the dirt off at home with high pressure water from the faucet.

Luckysometimes said:
careful rubbin those mercs to see the date, if you have patience, its best to take the dirt off at home with high pressure water from the faucet.

Thanks for the reminder, Lucky. I know exactly what rubbing a dirty silver coin can do to its surface. I'm not all that worried about it though. My goal for making the videos is to please the audience by showing them what I found and giving them a date on the coin. I'm not that careful with common silver, unless it's a '16D or a '21D, which are not common.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back