What's new

!700s site Conical item and more!

HunterMF

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2016
Messages
477
Reaction score
790
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped and hunted a site that has a house built in the 1800s, but found what I believe to be the original homestead in the middle of the farm, producing 1700s coins and buttons.
I returned to the 1700s spot and found these. Any idea what these can be?
The coin like piece is the size of a largie and weighs about the same.
Thanks for reading!
42321brass.webp42321brass2.webp42321brass3.webp42321coin.webp42321coin2.webp42321coin3.webp42321coin4.webp42321spear.webp42321spear2.webp42321spear3.webp
 
Looks like a nice bayonet/ knife scabbard tip---:---similar to this 1---OIP SCABBARD.webp
 
Upvote 0
its possible, clean up the engraving it might tell you something
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
#5 photo is a button, but I don't know if the II is a hand stamp for a Regiment number?
 
Upvote 0
What a great site!
 
Upvote 0
I’ve seen the first one on here before, I believe it was identified as a ferrule that goes on the end of a cord, like a sash cord, or maybe even a cord necktie or bolo.
 
Upvote 0
Early metal sewing thimble for the rich? Or top of a 1930's fancy bed post?
 
Upvote 0
How cool is that! I heard also it could possibly be to an umbrella or cart

Eastlake style parasol finial. Turn of the 20th C.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
752
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom