What's new

71 Napoleon army division or what is it???

lazooro

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
370
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sezana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, TESORO TEJON
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found with ace 250 years ago but still i don't know for sure what is it and where it was used for??
thx for help
 

Attachments

  • DSC02814.webp
    DSC02814.webp
    108.8 KB · Views: 515
The plate got 4 holes for attachment. Anything on the back?
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
The plate got 4 holes for attachment. Anything on the back?

very frustrated because i cannot find anything.. maybe it is Belgian-Dutch.. :help:
cca 6x3 cm.. i thought i am on the right way with 71th regiment infantry or alike..but
 

Attachments

  • DSC02824.webp
    DSC02824.webp
    49.7 KB · Views: 393
Upvote 0
LaZoOrro, the crown is going to be the key to identifying this, but I just know where to look. There must be a source . It seems very unique, wide and short, flared out, it doesn't seem to have a cross above it (?) which eliminates a lot of countries.
 
Upvote 0
I think I see a cross. :dontknow: Where was it found?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I think I see a cross. :dontknow: Where was it found?
I believe the poster is from Sezana, which is in Slovenia near the Italian border.
 
Upvote 0
Although I don't see the cross, I'll trust bigcyprushunter's eye's that it is there. In which case it might possibly be Austria-Hungary, who did incorporate one of two crowns into their flag which resembles this one. It would be of a later date though then the Napoleonic era.
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
Although I don't see the cross, I'll trust bigcyprushunter's eye's that it is there. In which case it might possibly be Austria-Hungary, who did incorporate one of two crowns into their flag which resembles this one. It would be of a later date though then the Napoleonic era.

YES YES I CAN CONFIRM THAT THERE IS CROSS (WEAK) ON THE CROWN!! IT WAS FOUND ON THE BORDER WITH ITALY...JUST 10 Km FROM CITY TRIESTE! I HEARD THAT THERE NAPOLEON HAD A FIGHT WITH LOCAL ORGANIZED THIEVES.. NOT SURE BUT I FOUND ALSO SOME FRENCH BUTTONS ON SAME PLACE..(CONFUSING : ONE WITH CROSSED CANNONS AND ONE MILITAIRES EQUIPEMENTS)
REALLY THX FOR HELP ..CROWN IS SIMILAR TO A BELGIAN ONE..BUT STILL IT LOOKS THEY DIDN'T HAD 71st AND NEITHER AUSTRIANS!
REALLY HARD ONE :(
 
Upvote 0
LaZoOro said:
johnnyi said:
Although I don't see the cross, I'll trust bigcyprushunter's eye's that it is there. In which case it might possibly be Austria-Hungary, who did incorporate one of two crowns into their flag which resembles this one. It would be of a later date though then the Napoleonic era.

YES YES I CAN CONFIRM THAT THERE IS CROSS (WEAK) ON THE CROWN!! IT WAS FOUND ON THE BORDER WITH ITALY...JUST 10 Km FROM CITY TRIESTE! I HEARD THAT THERE NAPOLEON HAD A FIGHT WITH LOCAL ORGANIZED THIEVES.. NOT SURE BUT I FOUND ALSO SOME FRENCH BUTTONS ON SAME PLACE..(CONFUSING : ONE WITH CROSSED CANNONS AND ONE MILITAIRES EQUIPEMENTS)
REALLY THX FOR HELP ..CROWN IS SIMILAR TO A BELGIAN ONE..BUT STILL IT LOOKS THEY DIDN'T HAD 71st AND NEITHER AUSTRIANS!
REALLY HARD ONE :(
Could you post a pic of the buttons? Militaires Equipements buttons were used by WWI french troops. I dont know how much older. We should be able to date the crossed cannons Artillery button. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=259335.0
 
Upvote 0
Are those rifles muzzleloaders or am I seeing things? It looks like ramrods.

Also could you see what is in the background on the bottom under the crossed rifles?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Are those rifles muzzleloaders or am I seeing things? It looks like ramrods.

Also could you see what is in the background on the bottom under the crossed rifles?

Maybe two crossed flint guns? Is it a banner or a cannon horizontal?
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
I'm seeing a cannon Ken. I thought banner as well but looking on the back photo I see the cannon adjoins the the rifle.

I'd love to find one of those

oh my... i didn't realized that!!! amazing..it seems like a big machine gun or something deadlier..
now i can see what is on the bottom..
also i post buttons from the site.
very thankful!!
hope we will solve this mystery!
 

Attachments

  • DSC02838.webp
    DSC02838.webp
    67 KB · Views: 321
  • DSC02814a.webp
    DSC02814a.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 326
Upvote 0
Yes, I think we are looking at a machine gun. http://sunblest.net/gun/Schwarz.htm That dates it 1890 or later. Probably WWI.. http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWmachinegun.htm

Ill find your French Artillery button when I get a chance. :icon_thumright:


The Maxim Machine-Gun was adopted by the British Army in 1889. The following year the Austrian, German, Italian, Swiss and Russian armies also purchased Maxim's gun. The gun was first used by Britain`s colonial forces in the Matabele war in 1893-94. In one engagement, fifty soldiers fought off 5,000 Matabele warriors with just four Maxim guns.

The success of the Maxim Machine-Gun inspired other inventors. The German Army's Maschinengewehr and the Russian Pulemyot Maxima were both based on Maxim's invention. John Moses Browning produced his first machine-gun in 1890 and five years it was adopted by the US Navy. An Austrian, Count Odkolek, worked with the French company, Hotchkiss, to produce an effective gun that was adopted by the French Army in 1897.
 
Upvote 0
Is that a number 2 on the French Field Artillery button?
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • button french artillerie 1804-1815.webp
    button french artillerie 1804-1815.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Yes, I think we are looking at a machine gun. http://sunblest.net/gun/Schwarz.htm That dates it 1890 or later. Probably WWI.. http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWmachinegun.htm

Ill find your French Artillery button when I get a chance. :icon_thumright:


The Maxim Machine-Gun was adopted by the British Army in 1889. The following year the Austrian, German, Italian, Swiss and Russian armies also purchased Maxim's gun. The gun was first used by Britain`s colonial forces in the Matabele war in 1893-94. In one engagement, fifty soldiers fought off 5,000 Matabele warriors with just four Maxim guns.

The success of the Maxim Machine-Gun inspired other inventors. The German Army's Maschinengewehr and the Russian Pulemyot Maxima were both based on Maxim's invention. John Moses Browning produced his first machine-gun in 1890 and five years it was adopted by the US Navy. An Austrian, Count Odkolek, worked with the French company, Hotchkiss, to produce an effective gun that was adopted by the French Army in 1897.

WOOW AMAZING!!! THANK YOU! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom