8 bullets, any help on ID?

Johnathon78

May 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided I'd do some bushwalking/detecting near an old grist mill /home site in town. The grist mill dates to 1850's. I figured the inhabitants of that grist mill and home site did some hunting so I figured I'd check the surrounding areas for treasure. Found 8 bullets total, some of which are below. They have rings on them and are smaller than rifle projectiles, I'm assuming pistol bullets? Any help ID on these ?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 1

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appear to be fairly modern pistol bullets. Important to give exact weight (in grains if possible) and diameter on bullets to get a good ID. When you get a chance to pick up a set of digital calipers it will really help. Usually only about $20 bucks for a descent set. Many buttons and projectiles appear similar but having the exact measurement will nail them down for you. We are blessed to have some great folks on Tnet at getting ID's for us. Go to the "What is it" forum and read the "stickies" at the top. Hope to see many more finds and HH.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The flat topped ones are "wad cutters" for cutting pretty round holes in paper and the bottom one appears to be a 9mm or .38 caliber of some type...d2

OP
OP
J

Johnathon78

May 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys thanks for the replies! TNET is always there with helpful followers with ID's!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread