What's new

8 days hunting, 10 Gold, 4 silver, 1 old copper?, 1 junker pirate ring

OBN

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
6,896
Reaction score
8,282
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland Waters
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Final got in some serious hunting time with the Excalibur's, and the sovereign. Had a great time, lived like a Pirate....Ran into the Master....Max, and his friends, made some new friends, learned from a excellent deep ruff water hunter Butch of OC, (over the head waves). Got some great video, will post this winter.......off again next week for 5 days of hunting...if work don't kill me first.......


Short clip, WaterProof Sovereign, 8 inch excal II coil, Remote PP button, hunting AM/Pp , reverse discrimination,...digging midtones only with Diablo SS scoop..sm 14k ring...2nd row, first on right



........the treasure, and the old ring that I thought was Gold but looks more like copper? has to be tested, no marks, anyone seen one like this...it is broken, scratched bad,..........
 

Attachments

  • SNAG-0008.webp
    SNAG-0008.webp
    37 KB · Views: 2,802
  • SNAG-0007.webp
    SNAG-0007.webp
    9 KB · Views: 924
Upvote 0
rolling north for sure now

u had a nice 8 days....
see u soon

<"))))><(
 
Wow nice rings...I love those cats eyes! Niffler
 
Great finds. :headbang: I've enjoyed your Excal videos. :thumbsup:
 
You got the Midas touch! :notworthy:
 
Well done video OBN....and congratulations on
the nice looking selection of rings. :thumbsup:
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
REEL COOL !!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Great job! I wish you get 10 in the next 10 days!
 
Thanks Everyone, Wish I lived a little closer to the beach....so I could keep up to all here that post there great finds..special you BC and SnT, you guys roll...


Excalibur, 10 inch coil, White's Tall man lower shaft, reverse hunting, remote PP/disc button, Doc's amp
 
8 days of hunting how many hours did you put in. As you found a nice bunch of rings.......Matt
 
I would do both the low tides, the AM and the PM . With both tides, Each days average would be about 7 to 8 hours per day. I found the best hunting time is the early morning LT, A little hard to get out of bed but you get to see the sunrise and you have the whole beach to yourself.
 
wow, now we know why you are the one to give advice! congrats on the awesome week!
 
WTG!!!! Nice vaca haul!!!!
 
That was a slick move in the first video, casually moving away from the people standing beside you, to pull that ring out of your scoop! Well done!
HH, Todd
 
Impressive finds, OldeBeechnut! :hello2:

I love the blue -stoned ring :headbang:

Keep 'em comin'

Lorraine

p.s. How much does that Diablo scoop weigh? Is it over 4 lbs?
 
Thanks everyone for the great compliments.....


Lorraine, the SS is right at 5lbs..the Aluminum is 3lbs 13oz..a dream...Amazing what a pound less can do for your arms...I will be using one next week (5days), will post some video for you. It's a excellent dry sand scoop also......I got a chance to use the aluminum for a day this winter, just for a test run..I could swing it around like a baseball bat..Very Pleasing to the shoulder...he is going to offer in Power coated, if the coating fares well.......
lou in Conn (Cupajo)
is testing one right now...
 

Attachments

  • Diablo_Black_NH_HDSF2.webp
    Diablo_Black_NH_HDSF2.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 446
Really nice finds .You were kept busy. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom