8 silver coins at the beach today, including my first Barber dime!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just couldn't wait until this weekend to get back out to beach that has been generously giving up silver coins recently, so I went today for 2 1/2 hours during an incoming high tide. (I wasn't able to hunt the area of the beach that was accessible during low tide and where I've been finding silver jewelry along with larger coins.) However, it was still a terrific day!
All Finds.JPG

I only found two wheat pennies (1926, 1944), but I managed to come home with the following silver coins:
2 Washington Quarters (1940, 1964)
4 Roosevelt Dimes (1952, 1952, 1960, 1964)
1 Mercury Dime (1944)
And a 1916 Barber Dime!

Here are the silver coins before and after cleaning (with pics of the Barber dime solo after the group photos):
Silver Coins Pre-Cleaning.JPG

Silver Coins Obverse Post-Cleaning.JPG

Silver Coins Reverse Post-Cleaning.JPG

1916 Barber Dime Obverse Pre-Cleaning.JPG
1916 Barber Dime Obverse Post-Cleaning.JPG

1916 Barber Dime Reverse Pre-Cleaning.JPG
1916 Barber Dime Reverse Post-Cleaning.JPG

I'm going to try to get back there this weekend and work the falling and low tides to see if there is anything left!

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, and I hope your next hunt brings you joy!

Upvote 23
OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, that's a good beach! Congratulations on your barber, it's a great feeling when you pop one, no?
Thanks Mike! And yes, I couldn’t believe it when I found it!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How sad that barber never got see decades of circulation like all the others like her got to. Bet she felt bad all those years never getting to do what she hope to. She could've bought a hundred or more loaves of bread and so much more in the lifetime she was intended for, but instead she fell out of a pocket a hundred years ago and bought hardly anything, until you came along and rescued her. Now she buys pure joy 😊

OP
OP
TomW244

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How sad that barber never got see decades of circulation like all the others like her got to. Bet she felt bad all those years never getting to do what she hope to. She could've bought a hundred or more loaves of bread and so much more in the lifetime she was intended for, but instead she fell out of a pocket a hundred years ago and bought hardly anything, until you came along and rescued her. Now she brings pure joy 😊
I thought I was the only one who thought that way! She may have waited patiently in and out of the surf all this time, but now she’s truly treasured and will be passed on to at least one more generation!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I was the only one who thought that way! She may have waited patiently in and out of the surf all this time, but now she’s truly treasured and will be passed on to at least one more generation!
Indeed, The story of the Poor Little Lost Dime continues on. What a great ending

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread