What's new

8-Track Stereo / Winston 8216 NEVER HEARD OF THEM, HAVE YOU?

Wheels

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
42
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
I bought a 8-Track Stereo from a Flea Market the Brand Name is Winston, Model 8216. I NEVER HEARD OF THEM, HAVE YOU? It is marked made in JAPAN. Please help me solve this mystery. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 8track1.webp
    8track1.webp
    101.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 8track2.webp
    8track2.webp
    44 KB · Views: 451
  • 8track3.webp
    8track3.webp
    126.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 8track4.webp
    8track4.webp
    88.4 KB · Views: 454
I have some 8 track tapes for sale. Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, Janos Joplin, ...etc
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I have some 8 track tapes for sale. Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, Janos Joplin, ...etc
Ohhh The memories :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
Those 8 tracks are very hard to find now days. If I had an 8 track machine I would love to purchase old recordings, but alas, mine went out with Beta VCRs. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Jeeze I feel rich now looking at my stereo thinking back and comparing to those days. I still love the big ole set of radio shack speakers I had!

:headbang:
 

Attachments

  • m1.webp
    m1.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0
These really bring back the memories. I used to manage a Lafayette Radio Store back in the late 60's until I opened my own store in 1974 (lasted until 2005). This was probably a private label unit. Back then you could buy x amount of merchandise and have your name or any other name put on the merchandise. From outer apperances it look very similiar to a Craig 8 track player.
 
Upvote 0
Dig em all said:
doublet2a said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I have some 8 track tapes for sale. Jimi Hendrix, Steppenwolf, Janos Joplin, ...etc
Ohhh The memories :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

Tim
that goes along with a FM Converter!
FM converter lol
 
Upvote 0
8 track tapes here... cheap.... :D Sorry no Monkees.

Do you remember 4 tracks?
 
Upvote 0
My Dad had one in his basement. When he passed away I found his box of tapes-Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Inglebert Humperdink, and may more. My wife and I hooked it up and had a blast listening to all the old tunes. Still have all of it in my attic-just can't bear to sell it at a yard sale. Our kids thought it was hilarious (youngest 23 so guess they're not kids any more-what do you call them at that age?)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom