What's new

80.5 Cents an Hour 2 Hours at the Church Grove. $1.61

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,881
Reaction score
76,338
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TODAY 6-6-6

First Day today at the latest Church grove I'v been Researching.

Found 79 Cents in Clad.

PLUS

2 BARBER QUARTERS - 1893-S & 1908 (both within a foot of each other)

1 BARBER DIME - 1909

1 MERCURY DIME - 1923

1 SILVER WAR NICKEL - 1943-P

1 Wheat Cent - 1926

1 Indian head Cent - 1902

1 Buffalo Nickel (found in same hole with War Nickel)
unsure of date.

all found within 20 feet of where I parked my Truck.
 

Attachments

  • XXXX_1893S_Obverse001.webp
    XXXX_1893S_Obverse001.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 653
  • xxx_1893_S_rev001.webp
    xxx_1893_S_rev001.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 666
  • XXX1908_Plain_Obv001.webp
    XXX1908_Plain_Obv001.webp
    8 KB · Views: 648
  • xxx1908_plain_Rev..webp
    xxx1908_plain_Rev..webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 661
  • XXX_1909_Plain_Obv001.webp
    XXX_1909_Plain_Obv001.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 651
  • xxx_1909_rev001.webp
    xxx_1909_rev001.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 655
Upvote 0
:D

The Present Church according to the Tax Record 1880,
and the Buildings in the Grove behind 1945. I'll get pics tomorrow.

The grove is still used and there is a Ball Field along side.

the present parsanage dates to 1857, and the first church services were held across the street in a log building, built 1780 & used as a School also.
until 1799 when the first church was built.

I got 15 Acres to search
 

Attachments

  • CN008020.webp
    CN008020.webp
    12 KB · Views: 518
  • parsinage.webp
    parsinage.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 512
Very nice!!! No matter if this is the devils b-day. Good things always happen!!!!! ;D
 
Wow, great old finds, an awesome day for you.
Well done on the research,
which is an inspiration to us all I think,
to study more and see how it can pay off. Thanks!

Best of luck to you next time there.
Smiles!
BDoo
 
Congrats on the great finds Jeff, thanks for the post! HH, Mike
 
allen said:
those are some terrific finds jeff. when are you going back ?? can i go, pleeeeeeaaaasssssse ??

Thanks all :)

How fast can you Drive Allen ;D ?
can you get here by 9AM ?
 
ooohhh yyyaaa, now thats a lot of fun there,, nice coins,, can;t wait to see what else pops up there.. 8) 8)
 
Jeff, it looks like a promising grove to detect. Do you know if it has been hunted before? I can't wait to see pictures inside of the grove; if you take some. I can't wait to see what else you pull out of there, too. Keep your coil low and keep unearthing great silver, man!
 
doyboy said:
Jeff, it looks like a promising grove to detect. Do you know if it has been hunted before? I can't wait to see pictures inside of the grove; if you take some. I can't wait to see what else you pull out of there, too. Keep your coil low and keep unearthing great silver, man!

The area with the stands has Definately been searched.
either that, or Everything was Free. or they used Tickets. there are Candy, Soda Etc. Stands, but no Ticket stand.

not even a Memorial around them.

I did get alot of Foil, can Tabs & 14" Soda cans.
But all the Coins Seem to be to the Edges so far.
or the original grove was where I was Finding the Silver.

I think if someone was there they didn't realise People Stray from the Center of things ;)
 
Excellent Jeff! The anticipation of returning has gotta be killing you.Congrats...Joe
 
I bet you are super excited about returning. What was the 1st coin you found? I bet you about crapped your pants after finding the 1st Barber quarter and then you get another signal right near :D. I will be going to an old grove that held a nice amount of people. It is all over-grown with a lot of weeds, but I don't mind. I love detecting in the woods where you don't get mobbed by children :D. I will be sharing my finds this coming weekend. I hope the weather stays decent ::).
 
First Dig was the 1893 Barber Quarter. just behind my truck.
I walked up the hill (North) to the End or the Grove & started the next row back.
When I reached the area I found the Quarter & got another signal about a foot Beside it. that was the 1908 Barber Quarter.
I then Searched the area around there instead of doing Rows & eventually started Straying all over, with No luck.
So I moved Back to where I found the Quarters & started Searching Rows Toward the West side of my Truck, and Just kept hitting Coins :)

(I am exagerating a little, I was also hitting Foil & can tabs, etc. )
 
:o Super finds Jeff, congratulations! I drive very fast I can be there by 9:00 am. ;) lol
 
Pics of the grove
 

Attachments

  • XXXX_GROVE001.webp
    XXXX_GROVE001.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 385
  • XXXX_GROVE002.webp
    XXXX_GROVE002.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 383
  • XXXX_GROVE003.webp
    XXXX_GROVE003.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 387
  • XXXX_GROVE004.webp
    XXXX_GROVE004.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 378
  • XXXX_GROVE006.webp
    XXXX_GROVE006.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 384
ALL Coins found were in Shaded area in pic
 

Attachments

  • XXXX_GROVE005.webp
    XXXX_GROVE005.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 375
I knew it was a Bad Idea to hit the same Place 2 days in a row.
Yesterdays luck Didn't hold out.

Todays take

1 - 1912 Wheat

1 - 2000 Canada Cent

1 - 1953 Play Dime (about the size of a silver 3 center):
Obverse reads
PLAY DIME 1943 UNCLE SAM

Reverse
PLAY MONEY FALSA PECUNIA
 

Attachments

  • xxx_1912_Obv001.webp
    xxx_1912_Obv001.webp
    8.5 KB · Views: 370
  • xxx_can_obv001.webp
    xxx_can_obv001.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 365
  • xxx_can_rev001.webp
    xxx_can_rev001.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 355
  • xxx_playDime002.webp
    xxx_playDime002.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 359
  • xxx_falsa001.webp
    xxx_falsa001.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 357
and this Watzit ? is Exactly 5 inches long
appears to be Brass
is broken off of something, see broken
Clip in closeup
there is one on both sides
 

Attachments

  • xxx_Watzit001.webp
    xxx_Watzit001.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 361
  • xxx_watzitt001.webp
    xxx_watzitt001.webp
    5 KB · Views: 359
  • xxx_watzittt001.webp
    xxx_watzittt001.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 352
Those are great Jeff, or should I just keep it at "Atta Boy!"

I'm sure I'm with everyone else, love to see the Barbers pop out after all those years!

See, research pays off!
 
Jeff, those are some nice pics of the grove. You do have a lot of land to cover yet. I am suprised that you found all of those coins. The lawn looks perfectly manicured, so anyone back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s could have hit it. You have just proved that there are areas out there that are still untouched. How did you do the research? You did very well on this project, Jeff! I am looking forward to reading many more posts on this grove!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom