What's new

80.5 Cents an Hour 2 Hours at the Church Grove. $1.61

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,881
Reaction score
76,338
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TODAY 6-6-6

First Day today at the latest Church grove I'v been Researching.

Found 79 Cents in Clad.

PLUS

2 BARBER QUARTERS - 1893-S & 1908 (both within a foot of each other)

1 BARBER DIME - 1909

1 MERCURY DIME - 1923

1 SILVER WAR NICKEL - 1943-P

1 Wheat Cent - 1926

1 Indian head Cent - 1902

1 Buffalo Nickel (found in same hole with War Nickel)
unsure of date.

all found within 20 feet of where I parked my Truck.
 

Attachments

  • XXXX_1893S_Obverse001.webp
    XXXX_1893S_Obverse001.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 653
  • xxx_1893_S_rev001.webp
    xxx_1893_S_rev001.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 666
  • XXX1908_Plain_Obv001.webp
    XXX1908_Plain_Obv001.webp
    8 KB · Views: 648
  • xxx1908_plain_Rev..webp
    xxx1908_plain_Rev..webp
    11.6 KB · Views: 661
  • XXX_1909_Plain_Obv001.webp
    XXX_1909_Plain_Obv001.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 651
  • xxx_1909_rev001.webp
    xxx_1909_rev001.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 655
Upvote 0
doyboy said:
Jeff, those are some nice pics of the grove. You do have a lot of land to cover yet. I am suprised that you found all of those coins. The lawn looks perfectly manicured, so anyone back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s could have hit it. You have just proved that there are areas out there that are still untouched. How did you do the research? You did very well on this project, Jeff! I am looking forward to reading many more posts on this grove!

I believe Every Place has a Small area where nobody searches by Coincidence. I think I got lucky and Found it right off.
My next Project there, will be to Do another Wondering Search,
till I hit another Hot Spot.
I gotta get away from where I found Everything because I think
that spot is starting to Hold me back.

I use 19th. Century county Atlas's, New County Atlas's with the same
scale, Local Histories (Church Records) & Tax Records.

I also look for places along Creeks where there used to be Covered Bridges particularly the ones closest to the churches.

There were no Buildings in Groves in the early days.
If there was a Downpour during a Church Outing, the Covered Bridges
would be used. Therfore most Church groves were placed in those areas.

Rained out today, Probably need to wait till Monday now.
Too Much going on there weekends.
 
jasonbo said:
Watzit

Looks like a toy car axle

I suppose it could be, although I Don't know where the Wheels would have connected.

a Friend Suggested the inside if a Coffin Handle, Which the Ends do
Remind me of, But IF it is, it would have been Decorative only, as
there is only enough length to have gotten 3 fingers on it.
 
Awesome coins! Maybe you could check the area where you parked your truck? Nice finds. Tsgman
 
Congrats on all the great finds Jeff! The whatsit looks like a pin from a hasp/hinge, maybe a book hasp. HH, Mike
 
tsgman said:
Awesome coins! Maybe you could check the area where you parked your truck? Nice finds. Tsgman

Thanks,

and Did, check the spot my truck was on the second day.
one Memorial.
 
Bavaria Mike said:
Congrats on all the great finds Jeff! The whatsit looks like a pin from a hasp/hinge, maybe a book hasp. HH, Mike

Hasp. that's a Possability, I can see.

Thanks Mike, and Everyone else.
 
Got Back to the Church grove finally.

and I did do a little bit better then my last visit.

1904 Indian Cent
1935 Wheat Cent
1941 Jefferson Nickel
1917 Mercury Dime
1957 Canada Cent

R P REM MAG 7mm LIVE ROUND

1 clad quarter 88
3 clad dimes 75,95.00
5 memorials 67, 74, 82, 95, 01
 

Attachments

  • zzzz_1957_can_Cnt001.webp
    zzzz_1957_can_Cnt001.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 188
  • zzzz_1917_Merc_Obv001.webp
    zzzz_1917_Merc_Obv001.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 181
  • zzzz_1941_Jeff001.webp
    zzzz_1941_Jeff001.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 183
  • zzzz_1935_Wheat001.webp
    zzzz_1935_Wheat001.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 183
  • zzzz_1904_Indian001.webp
    zzzz_1904_Indian001.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 187
  • zzzz_junk001.webp
    zzzz_junk001.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 176
Fantastic!

-GC
 
Hey Jeff,

Great finds again!!! I admire your research ability. Thanks for sharing your finds again!

Dave
 
Nice pictures!! WTG..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom