Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the tide tonight. Almost no targets. The one good target I got is a 1st for me. 25 inch chain of 22k and a 10g 24k pendant. All I can say is holy crap only my second 22k piece and my 1st 24k piece IMG_20200831_205615.jpg IMG_20200831_205608.jpg IMG_20200831_203823.jpg

Upvote 32

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a score, congrats - If you were rushing and swinging high and fast, likely would have missed it.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I said on Facebook ; holy shjt!!!!!!!

dogfish

Greenie
May 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, and this is just curiosity, I have never seen this piece. If someone came along and proved they had lost that piece what would happen? finders keepers unless the finder is a softy and hands it back? I guess what I mean is if the finder wants to keep it and the original owner wants it back what happens? Incredible find.

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, and this is just curiosity, I have never seen this piece. If someone came along and proved they had lost that piece what would happen? finders keepers unless the finder is a softy and hands it back? I guess what I mean is if the finder wants to keep it and the original owner wants it back what happens? Incredible find.

First, excellent find! Finds like that always get the heart going and can pay for the trip. Dogfish asks an excellent question about returning lost items. I think there’s going to be a lot of opinions here. For me, I will return an item if someone approaches me and asks me to find a missing item; I am more than happy to oblige. Also, if someone advertises that some thing is lost and is described accurately, I will return the item if I find it. Other than that, the selfishness of me comes out and I shall keep most items that I find. There have been exceptions in the past where I have felt generous; for instance, I found a War of 1812 infantry button from the 12th regiment that I donated to the 12th regiment located in Virginia. I have also returned a sterling silver bracelet with a person’s name on it.

aj

OP
OP
plymouthian12

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, excellent find! Finds like that always get the heart going and can pay for the trip. Dogfish asks an excellent question about returning lost items. I think there’s going to be a lot of opinions here. For me, I will return an item if someone approaches me and asks me to find a missing item; I am more than happy to oblige. Also, if someone advertises that some thing is lost and is described accurately, I will return the item if I find it. Other than that, the selfishness of me comes out and I shall keep most items that I find. There have been exceptions in the past where I have felt generous; for instance, I found a War of 1812 infantry button from the 12th regiment that I donated to the 12th regiment located in Virginia. I have also returned a sterling silver bracelet with a person’s name on it.

aj
I agree I return a lot of rings I'll return them since I can't retire from it

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
HOOOo-RAhaaa

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing soft about doing the right thing. That takes guts. (If its the owner that lost it)
And not much guts because returning items to their rightful owner brings its own rewards.

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go, that's a beautiful piece of jewelry. I agree with you guys, if you can return it you should. Plenty of stuff out there that you can keep.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a wonderful find!

Congratulations, and all the best,

Lanny

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting