What's new

Lake Tahoe Finds After the 4th

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,916
Reaction score
47,642
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not as many targets as I expected, but I'm sure somebody hit this beach yesterday afternoon. This is all from water hunting as the dry was disgusting with litter, although there was an old guy that hunted it late morning.
Anyway, only one gold pendant, 2 stainless rings, one silver plated ring, 2 junk earrings, a shell/bead bracelet, a bunch of clad and four keys. (People lock padlocks to the chain-link on the pier and throw the keys in the lake. I find lots of them.)
IMG_9469.webp


Kind of a religious hunt today with the 1st communion pendant, Jesus ring and crown of thorns ring. :dontknow:
The bail on the pendant was intact so I searched hard for the chain, but no luck.
IMG_9470.webp
IMG_9471.webp
IMG_9472.webp


It was pretty hot in town today, so it was nice to spend my day in the water!
 
Upvote 28
that is a lot of recoveries.
And some nice ones in the mix. Congrats!

Parked where the carnival just left earlier and ate ice cream while agreeing it should be detected.
 
You didn't get a skunk, is the pendant 14K.
Well dug recoveries.
 
Very nice
Congratulations
The D2 is doing great
 
that is a lot of recoveries.
And some nice ones in the mix. Congrats!

Parked where the carnival just left earlier and ate ice cream while agreeing it should be detected.
I haven't seen a carnival in 20 years or so around here. I didn't think they had them anymore. Would certainly be good detecting on the vacated grounds.
 
I haven't seen a carnival in 20 years or so around here. I didn't think they had them anymore. Would certainly be good detecting on the vacated grounds.

Modern stuff. A playboy bunny head with garnet eye one of the decent modern recoveries.
Park dates back to eighteen hundreds which is great for the area.
But has truly been pounded. One top notch detectorist I've hunted with has hit it many years.
A picture of another gent now passed with his nickname (detecting related) and a mention of his donated recoveries at one building.
And folks from who knows where. Some bip bop beep across the park seldom pausing. Not sure what that's about but maybe they know what they're detecting.

Then there's me. Trying to ferret out anything .
I used to hit it after each annual event. Modern stuff isn't too exciting and tattoos replaced expensive jewelry.
Tickets are bought at booth or similar so no more tokens to drop.( I've scrounged a couple from the past)

A friend recovering from another surgery has a fleeting site to detect and a detector he needs to learn. We'll get together tomorrow maybe. Maybe take him there to the park to give him some ideas.
I'd detect his site but would rather wait until he's able to compete. And if I detect it and he can't go back to detect
( a female unexpectedly turning on him is involved and legal system and no fault divorce state) I'd feel he should have detected it.

I did mark the most likely ride to dislodge possessions as usual.
 
Not as many targets as I expected, but I'm sure somebody hit this beach yesterday afternoon. This is all from water hunting as the dry was disgusting with litter, although there was an old guy that hunted it late morning.
Anyway, only one gold pendant, 2 stainless rings, one silver plated ring, 2 junk earrings, a shell/bead bracelet, a bunch of clad and four keys. (People lock padlocks to the chain-link on the pier and throw the keys in the lake. I find lots of them.)
View attachment 2215724

Kind of a religious hunt today with the 1st communion pendant, Jesus ring and crown of thorns ring. :dontknow:
The bail on the pendant was intact so I searched hard for the chain, but no luck.
View attachment 2215725View attachment 2215726View attachment 2215727

It was pretty hot in town today, so it was nice to spend my day in the water!
I found something like that years ago and it a name and number… so we returned it… but I then asked about the chain ⛓️‍💥 and she said she was swimming and felt the chain break and reached up and grabbed the chain but medalian slipped off the end into the water.. maybe explains why we don’t get a lot of chains, plus they are NOTORIOUSLY hard to pick up with a metal detector…
 
Not as many targets as I expected, but I'm sure somebody hit this beach yesterday afternoon. This is all from water hunting as the dry was disgusting with litter, although there was an old guy that hunted it late morning.
Anyway, only one gold pendant, 2 stainless rings, one silver plated ring, 2 junk earrings, a shell/bead bracelet, a bunch of clad and four keys. (People lock padlocks to the chain-link on the pier and throw the keys in the lake. I find lots of them.)
View attachment 2215724

Kind of a religious hunt today with the 1st communion pendant, Jesus ring and crown of thorns ring. :dontknow:
The bail on the pendant was intact so I searched hard for the chain, but no luck.
View attachment 2215725View attachment 2215726View attachment 2215727

It was pretty hot in town today, so it was nice to spend my day in the water!
Well done, You're very good at hunting in the water, too.
 
Very nice finds. Congrats on the 14K Gold Communion pendant. :occasion14:
It's amazing how much stuff folks can lose in one weekend.
Dave
 
The Lord was with you! Great hunt! :occasion14:
 
You did GREAT !!! NICE GOING
 
Not as many targets as I expected, but I'm sure somebody hit this beach yesterday afternoon. This is all from water hunting as the dry was disgusting with litter, although there was an old guy that hunted it late morning.
Anyway, only one gold pendant, 2 stainless rings, one silver plated ring, 2 junk earrings, a shell/bead bracelet, a bunch of clad and four keys. (People lock padlocks to the chain-link on the pier and throw the keys in the lake. I find lots of them.)
View attachment 2215724

Kind of a religious hunt today with the 1st communion pendant, Jesus ring and crown of thorns ring. :dontknow:
The bail on the pendant was intact so I searched hard for the chain, but no luck.
View attachment 2215725View attachment 2215726View attachment 2215727

It was pretty hot in town today, so it was nice to spend my day in the water!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom