a $6.00 first swing --with my new quick draw II

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well since I have detected quite a bit in the past I know one of the most important things you can do is to know the sound and behavior of your machine---so when my new quick draw II arrived --I took it out back to "test" it --threw a penny on the ground turned on the machine and waved it over it--bingo a very strong signal but what the heck? it was reading 8 " deep!! after several passes with the same result --I thought great somethings wrong with my machine so I picked up the penny -- then I then ran it over the spot once more -bingo-still got the reading --so a digging I go at 6-8 inches if found it --an old long fire hose type brass water hose nozzle--at first I thought a good but not great find--took it inside cleaned it up and surprize it still works!! the rubber seal where the nozzle and hose mates could use replacement but A OK other than that---talked to the wife about it that night --she got the house back in 1986 over 20 years ago and since she only uses the "pistol" type water nozzle it had to be from the last owner--they still sell these at the local hardware store for about $6 bucks -- so got $6 with my first swing of my new detector so a "very good" find after all-think about wouldn't you be happy if you got $6 in clad with the first swing of a new detector? ivan

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice piece of luck there. The fun is in the hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread