What's new

A bit of a cut yields 2 gold rings

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi,

Another beautiful day...I just had to get out there .

Could only get out during the tide change, so no "muddy flats" hunting; instead, hunted the wet sand slope near a gentle sloping cut .

Hit the 14 K white gold within the first 10 minutes of detecting..that's always nice ; then about 5 minutes later while working the grid, up comes the 10K gold class ring with a diamond in the center..that's a first for me in class rings finds.

You just know that I was in near shock with these finds so close together.

Neither ring was deep...about 5 " down in the packed wet sand.I had that coil right down on the sand and was moving at a snail's pace.

Both gave off a mid-low, solid, focused tone , tenacious to the coil.

Here's some pics

Class ring's owner should be easy to track down.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF2893.webp

DSCF2880.webp

DSCF2891.webp





DSCF2878.webp

DSCF2884.webp



DSCF2895.webp

DSCF2879.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congratulations!!

Those are impressive finds Lorraine
Congrats on fine detecting again!
I'm not fortunate to see those finds first member here, I'm always love to read your post, writing and pictures WOW Realy awesome, I look forward to meet you in person, I will learn from you, keep digging those great finds from under sand as long as you scan the sand, there is more, what hidden.... Who knows.
Happy hunting out there:tchest:
Hamid
 

Attachments

  • pirates_of_clearwater_.webp
    pirates_of_clearwater_.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 83
Fantastic what a great hunt congrats
 
Nice finds on the two rings, Lorraine. White gold is on my wish list as well as class rings. That's one of the nicest class rings I've ever seen. Hope you are able to return it to the owner. I thought when I first looked at it that it was a mason ring design on the front, but went back and looked again. I'm in a slump (like Sonny), myself and haven't been able to do hardly any detecting and found just clad when I did, but hopefully next week I can find something worth posting. HH.
 
Awesome gold rings. I especially like the class ring.
 
Congratulations on your finds.
 
:hello:

I want to thank everyone for your kind, generous words of encouragement regarding my recent gold ring finds

It was fun!

Lorraine
 
Great finds Lorraine, I am sorry I missed you today, thanks for the cake , and the Lesche shovel, up here with OBN till Friday 11am , going hunting probably in the morning early am, and afternoon tomorrow, and early am Friday, this weather will beat me down , that was very nice of you, maybe next time I will come with OBN to meet you & your husband, happy hunting Earl ( Maryland )
 
WTG Lorraine, good some nice rings there, looks like an older class ring, HH
 
Great finds Lorraine, I am sorry I missed you today, thanks for the cake , and the Lesche shovel, up here with OBN till Friday 11am , going hunting probably in the morning early am, and afternoon tomorrow, and early am Friday, this weather will beat me down , that was very nice of you, maybe next time I will come with OBN to meet you & your husband, happy hunting Earl ( Maryland )

We're sorry that we missed meeting you, Earl; hope next time we'll meet.

I may get out tomorrow if the rain lets up, but forecast does not look promising.


I wish you a safe trip home.
Lorraine
 
Had a Great visit today with Hank and You, Thank You for taking the time out and sharing....The food was delicious...:thumbsup: and Loved the stories. Will see you on the next trip North, maybe we can get in a few hours on the beach...:icon_thumleft:
 
Had a Great visit today with Hank and You, Thank You for taking the time out and sharing....The food was delicious...:thumbsup: and Loved the stories. Will see you on the next trip North, maybe we can get in a few hours on the beach...:icon_thumleft:

Joe, it was our pleasure to meet you, , dine with you and share friendship with you.

It would be fun to share a hunt with you on your next trip to CT.

Have a safe trip home; hope the heavy traffic will be heading in the opposite direction on I95

Lorraine
 
Very nice finds, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom