What's new

A bit of a cut yields 2 gold rings

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi,

Another beautiful day...I just had to get out there .

Could only get out during the tide change, so no "muddy flats" hunting; instead, hunted the wet sand slope near a gentle sloping cut .

Hit the 14 K white gold within the first 10 minutes of detecting..that's always nice ; then about 5 minutes later while working the grid, up comes the 10K gold class ring with a diamond in the center..that's a first for me in class rings finds.

You just know that I was in near shock with these finds so close together.

Neither ring was deep...about 5 " down in the packed wet sand.I had that coil right down on the sand and was moving at a snail's pace.

Both gave off a mid-low, solid, focused tone , tenacious to the coil.

Here's some pics

Class ring's owner should be easy to track down.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF2893.webp

DSCF2880.webp

DSCF2891.webp





DSCF2878.webp

DSCF2884.webp



DSCF2895.webp

DSCF2879.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
very nice rings!
 
Great job Lorraine!
 
Nice finds! Sure is good to start a hunt with Gold!
 
Nice day & nice finds, congrats! Jealous, ....the white stuff is falling outa the sky here right now
 
What a day!
Thanks for the tone-report, too.
 
Way to go Lorraine...that's a great start to the season..:)
 
Nice digs!! Hope more comes your way!
 
Beautiful rings Loraine. Congrats!
 
Love the Gold Loraine, Nice job!!

Be nice to know a little on the history of the class ring loss..if you find them...
 
Two heavy gold rings...what a hunt...congrats.
 
:hello2: Yea!!! So glad for you! :icon_queen:
 
Good for you and much
congrats on the finds.
Good luck and happy hunting.
 
Awesome finds Lorraine! You are the Mighty Huntress!
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the gold. Always nice to be rewarded when you switch up the hunting style/area.
 
Lorraine the FG hallmark on the 14k ring is from Frederick Goldman, an upscale jewelry maker and designer. I found one of his, too.
 
congrats on the rings Lorraine. I would be in heaven if I ever found two golds in one hunt.
 
congrats on the rings Lorraine. I would be in heaven if I ever found two golds in one hunt.

Thanx, Bob; I'd be in heaven too, if I was where Don is right now ; and we may get a "drizzle " of snow later today:protest:

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom