What's new

A bit of a cut yields 2 gold rings

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi,

Another beautiful day...I just had to get out there .

Could only get out during the tide change, so no "muddy flats" hunting; instead, hunted the wet sand slope near a gentle sloping cut .

Hit the 14 K white gold within the first 10 minutes of detecting..that's always nice ; then about 5 minutes later while working the grid, up comes the 10K gold class ring with a diamond in the center..that's a first for me in class rings finds.

You just know that I was in near shock with these finds so close together.

Neither ring was deep...about 5 " down in the packed wet sand.I had that coil right down on the sand and was moving at a snail's pace.

Both gave off a mid-low, solid, focused tone , tenacious to the coil.

Here's some pics

Class ring's owner should be easy to track down.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF2893.webp

DSCF2880.webp

DSCF2891.webp





DSCF2878.webp

DSCF2884.webp



DSCF2895.webp

DSCF2879.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lorraine the FG hallmark on the 14k ring is from Frederick Goldman, an upscale jewelry maker and designer. I found one of his, too.

Thank you for that information, pasttom/ and congrats on your gold GF ring find:hello2:

Lorraine
 
cool ring finds lorraine
 
Awesome finds Lorraine! You are the Mighty Huntress!

I try hard to hunt as effectively as all the terrific detectorists on this forum RustyGold, and sometimes I get lucky .

Lorraine
 
Nice white gold Lorraine!! It's nice when you just start hunting and the gold appears. The rest of the hunt for the day is like a bonus.
 
etiam invenit

Nothing like a two gold day.
 
Great pair of rings there.
Good job
:occasion14:
 
Nice congrats
 
That was a fun hunt!! WTG!!!
 
I'm changing your name to LuckyLorraine!!!! :occasion14: I get so excited when you post your finds because they are so freakin' cool!!! HH!!!
 
Great find LO!! Can't believe you guys are still getting snow!! Ray
 
My! My! My! I'd go into shock at this point also. I'm in a slump of all slumps and it's not fun. Very nice Lorraine!:occasion14: :occasion14:
 
My! My! My! I'd go into shock at this point also. I'm in a slump of all slumps and it's not fun. Very nice Lorraine!:occasion14: :occasion14:

Sonny, You'll be on a roll soon, I'm sure, and with your expert detecting techniques, you'll stay on that roll for many a moon:headbang:

Lorraine
 
Nice!!! that 14k is a honker. Class ring looks like an older one? Congrats on a 2 ring day!
 
Now I know why I miss your seashore. Nice digs.
We had snow yesterday morning. It was gone by noon.
Still I have to leave the Cape for the Caribbean on Saturday.
I'll be thinking of all off the detectorists that are still getting cold toes and hands this time of year.
I will bring the warm weather back with me for everyone to enjoy...
Keep up the swinging, even a slow swing that produces the heavy metal will keep you warm.
 
Nice!!! that 14k is a honker. Class ring looks like an older one? Congrats on a 2 ring day!

Yes, it's a 1974; class rings were made so beautifully "way back when"; there was some green accumulation on the lettering due to 10K status.

Lorraine
 
Nice two ringer day Lorraine. :icon_thumright:
 
congrats Lorraine!! That is an awesome hunt!
 
:icon_thumleft:WTG Lorraine:headbang::weee: Congrats on the gold like I always say your best :hello2::headbang::icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom