What's new

A bit of brass -- Solved, brass sash or childs belt wreath

DMN

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2009
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
A bit of brass -- Solved, brass sash or child's belt wreath

Any help with this? Can't seem to find anything which matches. :-\
Thanks for any insight/comments.
 

Attachments

  • brass item.webp
    brass item.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 304
  • brass item.webp
    brass item.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 278
Re: A bit of brass

Half of a two-piece civilian sash buckle or similar.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A bit of brass

BuckleBoy, thanks for the reply. Do you happen to have any in your collection or a period image for me to look at?

I attached the front view of this as well. I suppose the tongue would go through the hole, correct? How does the belt attach? Was there a loop which is no longer there?
 

Attachments

  • brass find front.webp
    brass find front.webp
    2.5 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0
Re: A bit of brass

BuckleBoy said:
Half of a two-piece civilian sash buckle or similar.

Bingo! :thumbsup:

Yes,you are missing the belt loop,and one ear has been clipped off of the center

I have a few and have seen numerous images of this size on children
 
Upvote 0
Re: A bit of brass

Ladies and gents, thank you for the replies! It is as you all surmised.
Now I get to look in the right place to find out what specific era this is from so I can guesstimate the age of the site.

Mucho appreciado! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: A bit of brass

DMN said:
Ladies and gents, thank you for the replies! It is as you all surmised.
Now I get to look in the right place to find out what specific era this is from so I can guesstimate the age of the site.

Mucho appreciado! :thumbsup:

You are probably looking at 1860's-1880ish.We find the larger variety in earlier(1850)sites but from my experience,of where I have found the small ones the dates given should be a ball park
 
Upvote 0
Re: A bit of brass

Sally O said:
BuckleBoy said:
Half of a two-piece civilian sash buckle or similar.

I got all excited thinking I could ID this. But this man beat me to it. I think it is what he says.

Sally


:laughing7:Yea,that guy is pretty sharp!! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: A bit of brass

kuger said:
Sally O said:
BuckleBoy said:
Half of a two-piece civilian sash buckle or similar.

I got all excited thinking I could ID this. But this man beat me to it. I think it is what he says.

Sally


:laughing7:Yea,that guy is pretty sharp!! ;D

I'm only that sharp on Tuesdays. :D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom