A Bit Of Luck

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
Yesterday ,while making a deposit at one of my old supply banks, i asked the old "got any halves ?" question. " How many do you want? There is a box in the safe." I bought them and left for home. This was my first box in a couple of years and the old excitement factor really started to rise when I noticed the box was stamped " Inspected Oct. 2009." Upon searching I found zilch, nada, a total skunk! This was the norm for the last 20 odd boxes from that bank. Today I went to one of my old dump banks to rid myself of the garbage. About $300 into the dump the halves bag needed to be replaced. When my teller took the full bag ($1000) out of the machine I could see silver among the trash. I quickly asked if she minded if I swapped some of my clads for the silver in the bag. "Sure, go ahead." was her reply. Ended up with 4 1964, 2 1966 and 3 1968. Tried to buy the bag but was told they can't do that anymore. There was still silver visible but I didn't want to push my luck as the bank was getting busy. Anyhow, it was a great way to end a non -searching year.

Upvote 0

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice to see some tellers that are cooperative like that. Where I order my boxes, the teller is well-versed in keepers and takes all of them from the entire branch (just loose of course). I do fairly well with the boxes I order, but it is a waste of time doing anything else there. Congrats on the scores you got!!...Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread