What's new

A Blackrock Concave and other artifacts found at same site

welsbury

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
1,949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some pics of finds that were made in 1985. My original in-situs were taken with a 35mm and I don't have them on digital.A friend was told of this place by a person who happened on it and didn't know or care about artifacts. He found, I am told, 2 crescents one of which sounded huge. I never got to see them ever. We went to the spot which had burned off previously and could see a slight rise and most artifacts were found in probably a 300x500 foot area around this rise.We made two trips to the place and found most everything the first time.One of my first finds was the BRC and it had been in the center of a burned greasewood bush.It was a fun time .Here are some pics though I found more than what is in these pics.
 

Attachments

  • P1000181.webp
    P1000181.webp
    267.3 KB · Views: 346
  • P1000171.webp
    P1000171.webp
    503.9 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0
You mean like an ear lobe plug? Cannot say no. I would think it would be smoother though.

Yes, or maybe even for your nose. Although Im not sure how common nose ring use would have been among the natives. They definitely wore ear rings though.
 
Yes, or maybe even for your nose. Although Im not sure how common nose ring use would have been among the natives. They definitely wore ear rings though.

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing.:thumbsup:
 
It is interesting to me that these 3 fellas thought of the same thing in regards to that round stone piece pictured above.They thought it may be an ear or lip plug. I knew northwest Indians used them but never thought of that possibility.Thanks to Old Pueblo, Grim Reaper and T.C.for their insight.Tried to group their responses together but couldn't make it work.
 
All are beautiful and the crescent pieces are really cool! Thank you for sharing your story, I love it!
Thanks NC Peaches for response. I love to find the crescents, a beautiful and mysterious artifact.
 
Incredible finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom