What's new

A Blast From The Past…..post yours (UPDATE DREAM BOX ALERT)

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
A Blast From The Past…..post yours
:icon_study:
I’ve been seeing a lot of skunk posts. Is the silver gone? I think not. Although it is still hit and miss, everyone has one or more “dream” finds. Lets post our “Blast From The Past” dream finds. I’ll start with ONE of mine. Please post yours one at a time so we can keep history alive here.
(Copyright © 1999-2008 Silver_Fox. All rights reserved)
 
Upvote 0
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

May, 2007. 1 - $20 dream roll of Bens and Walkers with one of the original wrapper showing. 40 90% in one swoop. Notice "silver" was penciled on it. There's your sign.
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_63.webp
    ScreenHunter_63.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,179
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Whoa SF now that is a roll to say the least, well actually 2 ....kudos that was a killer find ... if one could just find a box or two that had solid solids like that wow... Well I guess Mountainman did kudos to you that is one hell of a pie of franklins 8)... Btw nice thread SF it should be really interesting to see waht folks have found in the past ...
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

mountainman 2 said:
Great roll! Our best was this box from July 10 2007(Franklins by the dozen),the 2nd of 3 boxes.
Sweet MM, that's a "bunch of bens".........try and say that 10 times.........and thanks for the "blast from the past" pic........keep 'em coming folks
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Lots and lots of silver!
 

Attachments

  • ROWSOFSILVER.webp
    ROWSOFSILVER.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,153
  • wlalkers.webp
    wlalkers.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,139
  • wlalkers.webp
    wlalkers.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,118
  • ROWSOFSILVER.webp
    ROWSOFSILVER.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,139
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Last year while doing some bank hopping I picked up 22 solid rolls of silver from this one bank. 6 of them were 90% Kennedy's. The balance all 40%.

The rolls were all labeled as you see in the pictures.......I couldn't get out of there fast enough because I didn't want the teller to catch on to what she was handing over to me.....ha!

Oh yes......the good ole days................
 

Attachments

  • 64\'s coins.webp
    64\'s coins.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 40% unc.webp
    40% unc.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 40%.webp
    40%.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,065
  • 64\'s.webp
    64\'s.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 40% coins.webp
    40% coins.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,100
  • 40% coins II.webp
    40% coins II.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,129
  • 40% uncII.webp
    40% uncII.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 40% uncII.webp
    40% uncII.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 40% unc.webp
    40% unc.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 40%.webp
    40%.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 64\'s.webp
    64\'s.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 64\'s coins.webp
    64\'s coins.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,079
  • 40% coins.webp
    40% coins.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • 40% coins II.webp
    40% coins II.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,100
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

ok....in jan at a local credit union they had a bag of $1000 that no body wanted....so i took $500 one day and found $30 face in silver, dumped the next day and went back to pick up the rest, well they found $30 more and did i want them with the $500....yes and thank you....only found from that bag was 219 bens.....72 walkers....54 90% and 115 40%.....i sold that week end $150.00 face for 9.75 times face.....wow what a way to start C R H.....
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Great Blasts from the Past folks, keep them coming.

Here is a grab from the trash bin in a coin machine. Yeppers, that is a 14 kt ring. I let the bank know about it but no one claimed it. Now I'm claiming it....LOL
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_64.webp
    ScreenHunter_64.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,016
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Yes these 2 monster boxes were a blast from my past, the photos show the combination of what was in the 2 boxes. Yes the incredible find of an 1877 Seated Liberty Half. My first in the wild of rolls, i had found a few 'ground fishing'. Hopefully the occasional monster box will pop up again. the totals for these 2 boxes were ......
167 - Franklins
91 - Walking Liberty
21 - 90% Kennedy
20 - 40% Kennedy
1 - Seated Liberty

Take care and HH
 

Attachments

  • seat.webp
    seat.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 893
  • st.webp
    st.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 898
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Best Box - 8WLH, 13BF, 6K 90%, 16 40%
Best Pickup - $610(5/07): 113 40's, 10 90% Kennedys, and 2 proofs; $930(7/07): 82x40%, 3x90% (2K,1B), 3Proof, or $500(11/07): 45x 40%, 4BF, 1Pf


Technically, though, I used to be able to order halves in any increment from work, and in $500 worth (over a 3 month period) I got 250+ 40%, and a few Bens and 64's.
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

I had two great days.
March 08
I got a box that had 75 40% 1 90% kennedy and 1 franklin
My other was i picked up 8 rolls from a bank 4 of which where solid 40% rolls. the other 4 had 1 90% and like 5 scattered 40%ers
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Thanks to all for sharing your "Blasts from the Past" stuff folks. Any more? With pics? :thumbsup:
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

No Pics, but I found an old spreadsheet and it had the following data:

10/11/05 Silver @ 7.80 $3000 searched and 1297 40% halves. What I remember about that day is that 4 of the 6 boxes were skunks and the other two were loaded. Something tells me that someone dumped a whole bag of 40% and I just got lucky on got over half of it.

10/24/05 Silver @ 7.65 $3000 searched and 66 40% , 15 1964 , 29 Franklins and 53 Walkers.

65GT350
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Incredible finds ...thanks to everyone that posted what a cool thread to read....wow ... I am still waiting to hit a monster score but kudos to those that have
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Keep plugging away Scalper. Your dreamers will soon come.
Scalper said:
Incredible finds ...thanks to everyone that posted what a cool thread to read....wow ... I am still waiting to hit a monster score but kudos to those that have
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Part one
 

Attachments

  • halves2.webp
    halves2.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 625
  • halves2.webp
    halves2.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 629

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom