What's new

A Blast From The Past…..post yours (UPDATE DREAM BOX ALERT)

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
A Blast From The Past…..post yours
:icon_study:
I’ve been seeing a lot of skunk posts. Is the silver gone? I think not. Although it is still hit and miss, everyone has one or more “dream” finds. Lets post our “Blast From The Past” dream finds. I’ll start with ONE of mine. Please post yours one at a time so we can keep history alive here.
(Copyright © 1999-2008 Silver_Fox. All rights reserved)
 
Upvote 0
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

277 - 40% halves in one day of hunting. Part two
 

Attachments

  • halves.webp
    halves.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 632
  • halves.webp
    halves.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 620
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Dang, nice. Can't wait to see part 3 :icon_jokercolor:
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

The Date: February 1, 2008
Box Number: 118
The Stats: 356 -40% Kennedy halves, 1 lonely 1964 half dollar.

Comments:
As you can see from the pics, there was lots of silver showing when I opened the box. Many rolls had a 40 on both ends. Some rolls had as many as 15 40's per roll. Some rolls had a regular clad on each end but where still loaded on the inside with silver.

The Conclusion:
From box 118 to box 130 I found 6 boxes from this "40's" dump. Here is the total of 40's per box:

Box 118. 356 - 40's
Box 119. 312- 40's
Box 120. 128 - 40's
Box 121. 211 - 40's
Box 125. 155 - 40's
Box 130. 304 - 40's

(Note: Box 118 and 119 were opened on the same day.)

Then that silver vein gave out. The funny thing is there were no Walkers or Ben's in that bunch and only one 1964 and 2 proof's. It was fun while it lasted.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_19.webp
    ScreenHunter_19.webp
    66 KB · Views: 575
  • ScreenHunter_18.webp
    ScreenHunter_18.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 546
  • ScreenHunter_17.webp
    ScreenHunter_17.webp
    60 KB · Views: 554
Silver_Fox said:
The Date: February 1, 2008
Box Number: 118
The Stats: 356 -40% Kennedy halves, 1 lonely 1964 half dollar.

Comments:
As you can see from the pics, there was lots of silver showing when I opened the box. Many rolls had a 40 on both ends. Some rolls had as many as 15 40's per roll. Some rolls had a regular clad on each end but where still loaded on the inside with silver.

The Conclusion:
From box 118 to box 130 I found 6 boxes from this "40's" dump. Here is the total of 40's per box:

Box 118. 356 - 40's
Box 119. 312- 40's
Box 120. 128 - 40's
Box 121. 211 - 40's
Box 125. 155 - 40's
Box 130. 304 - 40's

(Note: Box 118 and 119 were opened on the same day.)

Then that silver vein gave out. The funny thing is there were no Walkers or Ben's in that bunch and only one 1964 and 2 proof's. It was fun while it lasted.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:


Those are some wicked number of keepers S-F ..WOW.. that was a hell of a vein and must have been a blast while they lasted ... heres to a few more boxes like those , Ed
 
Here is one from ealier this year.
 

Attachments

  • P1310019.webp
    P1310019.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 518
  • P1310024.webp
    P1310024.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 508
  • P1310027.webp
    P1310027.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 498
  • P1310019.webp
    P1310019.webp
    60.4 KB · Views: 516
  • P1310024.webp
    P1310024.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 510
  • P1310027.webp
    P1310027.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 512
LJ said:
Here is one from ealier this year.
Dang LJ, that is a great haul. I am going to have to dig way back in the archives for something even close.
 
Silver_Fox said:
LJ said:
Here is one from ealier this year.
Dang LJ, that is a great haul. I am going to have to dig way back in the archives for something even close.

You don't have to go far SF........scroll up a couple of post to your 6 boxes......ha! Now that's an incredilble 6 boxes dude!!! Great totals.......that's what dreams are made of.................... :thumbsup:
 
LJ said:
Silver_Fox said:
LJ said:
Here is one from earlier this year.
Dang LJ, that is a great haul. I am going to have to dig way back in the archives for something even close.

You don't have to go far SF........scroll up a couple of post to your 6 boxes......ha! Now that's an incredible 6 boxes dude!!! Great totals.......that's what dreams are made of.................... :thumbsup:
I hear ya LJ. I wish the silver God's had of teased me with just a few Ben's and Walkers that day...............but hey.........whose complaining.........
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours (UPDATE DREAM BOX ALERT)

LJ said:
Here is one from ealier this year.



That is one beautiful pic LJSF of all those ladies ...damn what a wicked pile of them  :tongue3: oh just a box or two like that every once and awhile lol then I woke up, Ed
 
This is before my CRH time but I bet others would love to see this!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Re: A Blast From The Past…..post yours

Silver_Fox said:
The Date: February 1, 2008
Box Number: 118
The Stats: 356 -40% Kennedy halves, 1 lonely 1964 half dollar.

Comments:
As you can see from the pics, there was lots of silver showing when I opened the box. Many rolls had a 40 on both ends. Some rolls had as many as 15 40's per roll. Some rolls had a regular clad on each end but where still loaded on the inside with silver.

The Conclusion:
From box 118 to box 130 I found 6 boxes from this "40's" dump. Here is the total of 40's per box:

Box 118. 356 - 40's
Box 119. 312- 40's
Box 120. 128 - 40's
Box 121. 211 - 40's
Box 125. 155 - 40's
Box 130. 304 - 40's

(Note: Box 118 and 119 were opened on the same day.)

Then that silver vein gave out. The funny thing is there were no Walkers or Ben's in that bunch and only one 1964 and 2 proof's. It was fun while it lasted.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

I remember when Steve (RIP) posted about this. I sent him a PM congradulating him and picking his brain. He said these were not the best- one box was "over" half silver. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. HH Mark
 
Wow :o Some incredible finds on here. Congrats to all of you. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom