What's new

A brief introduction...........

Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kemmerer Wyoming
Detector(s) used
GARRETT A/T PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to introduce myself and thank you for allowing me into your forum. My name is Robert and I live in South West Wyoming where I am constantly and uncontrollably looking for things. Here, I find raw gold,relics, artifacts and fossils, as I believe natural history counts as treasure.
I will be moving to Vicksburg Mississippi soon and having researched the history there and the turn of events of the civil war in Vicksburg, I purchased a Garrett A/T Pro metal detector. I am looking forward to hunting there, and anyone in the area who reads this- it would be great to make new friends to hunt with. I am here to read others posts and learn from all of you. Thanks again for having me aboard! Rob G Photo-1231.webp
 
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you came to the right place.That has got to be one of the neatest fossils I have seen!
 
Hope y'all like grits...:laughing7:

Have it in the morning like wheatena cereal with milk,

Afternoon as a soup slurry...

And at dinner with pat of butter in place of potatoes...

And before y'all go to bed to keep yur face all soft and pretty like...

And in the mornings in place of a deodorant...

Yeah, just kidding...welcome...:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Thank you and, yes this is a Phareodus encaustus from the Green River formation dated 50-60 million years. Good eye!
 
Welcome to the site. Vicksburg should have some great digging. Look forward to your future post[emoji482]

HH, Relic Nut
 
I need to learn my detector. Ive been doing a lot of reading on it, buy we have 2 ft of snow right now and i only used it to find peoples keys in the snow bank.
 
Hope y'all like grits...:laughing7:

Have it in the morning like wheatena cereal with milk,

Afternoon as a soup slurry...

And at dinner with pat of butter in place of potatoes...

And before y'all go to bed to keep yur face all soft and pretty like...

And in the mornings in place of a deodorant...

Yeah, just kidding...welcome...:laughing7:

The 1st thing you will need to learn, is where "yonder" is.

Welcome!
 
glad that you have joined us
 
welcome aboard !!we'll gladly help with any questions bout your atp.:occasion14:
 
Welcome aboard TNet! That's a cool fossil!

If you find some spots in Vicksburg and want some company, let me know and I will drive over from Jackson!
 
Welcome to T Net Robert!
Awesome fish fossil! Super cool to have something old!
Hope you enjoy your new surroundings. :)
 
Welcome and a place with the name Vicksburg just gotta have finds! Haha
 
I may actually be living in Jackson, we are looking for a house in the area now. It would be fantastic to have established someone to hunt with. I will indeed take you up on that! Moving sucks! Re-establishing sucks even more............... Thanks for throwing that out there!!!
 
I had to research Vicksburg, and lucky me! This was where the turn of the Civil War began! The Seige of Vicksburg was where the supply lines were cut from Texas and Louisiana. The Mississippi River fell into Union hands at that point in Vicksburg. The lines were split and the army divided the battle lines until the Confederate forces ultimately surrendered. Vicksburg is THE turning point of the war and there were many, many gun emplacements and camps in the area. I am super excited to get out there and cover the battle grounds and plantations. I have done a lot of research and Google Earth mapping of the area. You are quite correct on your assessment. Thank you!
 
You knew about the Green River formation which shocked me a bit. Good knowledge. I am not going to use this forum as a tool for solicitation, but if you want something for your collection, do let me know and I can probably find one on my shelf right here. The Tuscon show is coming up in a few days and there wont be much left after that until the next digging season, but there usually is some common species left over.
 
Welcome from NE Ohio.

Engine
 
Just beware that Vicksburg Military Park is completely off limits.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom