A Brief School Hunt in the Cold

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

Today is windy and cold here in Massachusetts.

On the way to Dunkin Donuts for a Hot Pumpkin Spice coffee :coffee2: I decided to detect a local school play area. I pulled out the weapon of choice for this type of hunting from the trunk; a Tesoro Outlaw. I set the Sensitivity to level 6, Disc just above iron and fired up the Garret Wireless System. I only detected for an hour before the Outlaw said “hey idiot, it’s 20 degrees outside” time to call it a day!” for once I listened. :dontknow: The Outlaw did manage to find almost enough clad to buy my coffee and a nice silver ring. :hello2: Looking forward to hunting tomorrow since it will be a hot 45 degree day!

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

11_11_2017 School Hunt.jpg

Upvote 17
Nice ring! I’ll be headed out tomorrow in the nice 41 degree Philly weather.

Brrrrrr Doc, hope that cold hour hunt fed the dragon. :icon_thumleft: I thought it better to bank some Goodwill with the wife today and raked leaves. Tomorrow is supposed to be a tad warmer, but with a chance of rain.

Nice lil ring.

Hey...thats a nice haul for a one hour hunt in a school yard. Twenty degrees! Man, thats cold! It was about 55 here this morning.

Hello Loco-Digger,

The weather forecast tomorrow is for 45 degrees as a high...a heat wave! :icon_thumright:

Doc

Well done sir! Even the tesoro has limits!
It has been brutality cold the past few days. I maybe finished for the season....not sure yet!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Hello MsBeepbeep,

I sure hope not...I am going somewhere tomorrow to dig!

Next week will be warmer so keep the batteries in the machine...:occasion14:

Regards,

Doc

Hey there Doc of E...not bad for an hour and at least some coins in your pocket! I did go out for a couple of hours and had 3¢ modern to show for it. Win some lose some. Good luck tomorrow. I'll be looking for your post!

Nice little hunt. If today was coffee at 20 degrees, tomorrow will be bottled water at 45 degrees !

Nice finds Doc! It was cold down here on the Cape but I just took the dog out and I'll be hunting in 2 hours- GL today!

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back