Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I knew today here in Florida was going to be another scorcher so I got out to my favorite fort very early for about 90 minutes. I feel fortunate to have pulled up this early Massachusetts militia button. Tices book list this button made in Great Britain in the first quarter of the 19th century. Once I got home I did a little research and found that there was a Massachusetts unit there in the late 1830s. Although corroded I’ll take it any day. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all.
9DABB60C-9DD3-47CE-AB73-0716765A7878.png
C5ACA4B5-8A83-47E2-BD57-5F5E35DADB95.png

Upvote 19

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are so CORRECT !!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew today here in Florida was going to be another scorcher so I got out to my favorite fort very early for about 90 minutes. I feel fortunate to have pulled up this early Massachusetts militia button. Tices book list this button made in Great Britain in the first quarter of the 19th century. Once I got home I did a little research and found that there was a Massachusetts unit there in the late 1830s. Although corroded I’ll take it any day. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all. View attachment 2039556 View attachment 2039557
great saves!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew today here in Florida was going to be another scorcher so I got out to my favorite fort very early for about 90 minutes. I feel fortunate to have pulled up this early Massachusetts militia button. Tices book list this button made in Great Britain in the first quarter of the 19th century. Once I got home I did a little research and found that there was a Massachusetts unit there in the late 1830s. Although corroded I’ll take it any day. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all. View attachment 2039556 View attachment 2039557
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Find!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad you did the research.....now you can visualize the connection between the button and the regiment. To me, it makes it more special knowing that your button supports the historical record.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again with the fantastic fort finds. You are killing it out there.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your great button! The research is half the fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread