A couple good spots...

Fozzy

Dec 11, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and Classic III
At Shedd Park in Lowell, there is an area next to Rte. 38 where the topsoil has been stripped off. Some sand has been brought in but there is still a large area that's all dirt. I was out there on Monday and found a bunch of pre-'80 Lincolns, some wheaties, a few clad and a few zincolns. Tuesday I pulled a couple more wheaties and some clad. And an 1887 seated dime. Shedd Park is on Rte 38 about a mile or so north of Rte. 495. (Rte. 38 is exit 38.)

Last Thursday I hunted a field and former apple orchard (New trees going in soon.) in Harvard which I have been able to document as farmland at least back to 1870. Apparently it goes back a bit further than that. I pulled a 1787 2 reale from about 5".

Anyone interested in getting together to hunt these, drop a line. If you want to go by Shedd Park, have at it- you don't need me!. I'll need to be there with anyone who wants to go to the field though.

HH!

Ben

Sandmaniac

Jan 23, 2007
Rehoboth Ma.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
foz is that the park on the left just as you go through that light going towards lowell ?

OP
OP
F

Fozzy

Dec 11, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and Classic III
That's the one. Just past the building with the u-shaped driveway by the ball fields you'll see where the ground has been scraped. Be prepared to dig some trash but there's good stuff there.

Cool pug! ;D

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
Fozzy, My buddy Moe and my self would love to go with you if you don"t mind,My cell # is Scott at 978-580-5573 On Sat. if you are going. Thanks Scott.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread