A Couple More Hours At The Large Cent Site

NorILdigcollector

Sep 23, 2015
Northern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a couple more hours at the field where I have been finding all of the Large Cents yesterday. There wasn't a lot to dig but I managed to get a couple keepers out of the muck. The snow just melted and every hole I dug would fill with water. The button says "Superfin Paris" on the back and had a mother of pearl face which disintegrated when I dug it out. The Large Cent was unreadable.
20230328_062241.jpg
20230328_062305.jpg

Upvote 12

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good Thanks for sharing with us . How did you find this place ?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a couple more hours at the field where I have been finding all of the Large Cents yesterday. There wasn't a lot to dig but I managed to get a couple keepers out of the muck. The snow just melted and every hole I dug would fill with water. The button says "Superfin Paris" on the back and had a mother of pearl face which disintegrated when I dug it out. The Large Cent was unreadable. View attachment 2076281 View attachment 2076273
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure sounds like tough digging conditions. Hopefully things will dry up a bit for you. Nice finds! Any day you can dig up a LC is an excellent day in my book.

OP
OP
NorILdigcollector

NorILdigcollector

Sep 23, 2015
Northern IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good Thanks for sharing with us . How did you find this place ?
Research. I found the site from an old map on the Library of Congress website. It took a couple of hours of roaming the field to find the site.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spent a couple more hours at the field where I have been finding all of the Large Cents yesterday. There wasn't a lot to dig but I managed to get a couple keepers out of the muck. The snow just melted and every hole I dug would fill with water. The button says "Superfin Paris" on the back and had a mother of pearl face which disintegrated when I dug it out. The Large Cent was unreadable. View attachment 2076281 View attachment 2076273
Congrats! Nice site you have there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread