What's new

A Couple More Old Coppers

deershed

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2013
Messages
3,307
Reaction score
4,103
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a short solo hunt to our Bed and Breakfast and picked up a couple CW bullets and a neat little gun. Then stopped and picked the kid up for another short hunt at our Colonial site.
We found some flatbuttons, what looks like a round pewter button, and then either one side to a 2 piece button or a snap? A rivet and a what looks like a small fired round ball.
Just before we quit for the day we moved to a new area, a few minutes later and getting dark I yell to the kid, old copper. He yells back , really I got one too. We both flipped plugs pretty much at the same time and both had old coppers.
Mine is toast of coarse, we think it's a KG. The boys a readable date, 1833 LC.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 162
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 135
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 134
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    58 KB · Views: 131
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 126
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    41.1 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 26
Congrats on some great oldies! Talk about time travel...!!!
 
Beautiful! I love the old copper! Now you have a bakers dozen of toasty coppers this year! Lol.

Congrats. You're on the spot!
 
cool old stuff, I think I see a bust facing right on yours, perhaps a KG
 
Nice assortment of artifacts! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
I love to see old coppers being found. Congrats to both of you. :)
 
Got some nice relics there:thumbsup: love the gun:occasion14:
 
Very nice DS! You and the boy are something else. Congrats on the nice assortment. GL&HH.
 
Beautiful! I love the old copper! Now you have a bakers dozen of toasty coppers this year! Lol.

Congrats. You're on the spot!

I thought I had more old coppers then I do, this one here makes 10? Most are in pretty rough shape but, I do have that Connecticut copper that's in great shape. That one helps make up for the toasted ones. lol.
It was Sweet us finding these two coppers. These were found in a complete different area on this property from where all the other coppers were found which gives us hope there might be another sweet spot here.
 
cool old stuff, I think I see a bust facing right on yours, perhaps a KG

You could see an image a little better at first and that's what it looked like, bust facing right. The thickness of this coin is half of that on a large cent too.
 
Nice finds, I'm glad he got the readable one!
 
I thought I had more old coppers then I do, this one here makes 10? Most are in pretty rough shape but, I do have that Connecticut copper that's in great shape. That one helps make up for the toasted ones. lol.
It was Sweet us finding these two coppers. These were found in a complete different area on this property from where all the other coppers were found which gives us hope there might be another sweet spot here.

Oh that's great. When a new "old" section appears in a frequented spot it's a good feeling. What kind of area is your site?
 
Love those old coppers no matter how crusty they are
 
Really nice finds and dual coppers! A Great day! Congrats!
 
Awesome Deershed, Looks like you found a miniature Colt Walker made by the Marx toy company back in the 1960's-70's. Sub 8-)
marxcolt.webp
 
Nice finds, I'm glad he got the readable one!

What's that?? Lol

Most his old coppers are in good shape. It's mine that are always coroaded and hard to get any detail.

He got the 1809 LC, a key date in great shape and I think another either semi or key date LC. I did get 1794 Capped Liberty Half Cent and like my other coppers we lost any detail we had on that one. Lol
 
Oh that's great. When a new "old" section appears in a frequented spot it's a good feeling. What kind of area is your site?

The original farm is from 1847. We were finding all the old coppers and flat buttons behind the barn in a very small area, maybe a section 30yds. by 75yds. the new coppers came from out front in an area that we were told was an old orchard. What that area was back when is anyone's guess.
There's another back field that was off limits to us before. Permission was already given to some guy from the town's historian society to detect that area? We now have permission to detect that but, we'll have to wait until the hay gets cut. This other guy never found anything here, he says?
All that was found in the yard of the main house was a small silver spill, 64 IH and a buffalo nickel.
There is another big field away from everything that was a horse pasture. We walked this field when the ground was still frozen but, didn't really search it good. We were mainly getting iron hits.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom