What's new

A couple of items...*UPDATED WITH BETTER PICS*

CrazySlasher

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
735
Reaction score
96
Golden Thread
1
Location
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The medal/badge/fob whatever says....KR and Twenty Fifth.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0673.webp
    IMG_0673.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_0678.webp
    IMG_0678.webp
    28 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_0673.webp
    IMG_0673.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_0678.webp
    IMG_0678.webp
    28 KB · Views: 604
Re: A couple items...

Could you post a pic of the other side of the top item? The pic you have posted appears to be the back side of the item. Could the KR on the fob thingy stand for King's Regiment? :dontknow:

HH! :hello:
Cm2db
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

coinmaster2db said:
Could you post a pic of the other side of the top item? The pic you have posted appears to be the back side of the item. Could the KR on the fob thingy stand for King's Regiment? :dontknow:

HH! :hello:
Cm2db

I will post more pictures later. The field I pulled the "fob thingy" out of had a in it, I dug it out right next to where the home was. Every coin pulled out of the ground there was pre-1800 aside from 2 or 3. I believe it was owned by a British man. I was hoping it was King's Regiment.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

The pic is kinda small but it appears to show three buildings. Is this true? Taking a wild stab at it, the bottom looks like a church or Independence Hall. To the left a lighthouse or Washington Monument. Maybe 25th Anniversary of something. :dontknow:

I see the KR on top. It appears to say something to the right of KR. What is that in the center?

Where does it say 25th?
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

I've been trying to figure out what's in the center. It almost looks like a barrel or something :icon_scratch: It says "twenty" to the left of the K and "fifth" on the right of the R.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

If those are famous buildings, I think we could rule out regiment.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

Looks pretty big in the one photo. What sre the dimensions?
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

I need a good clear pic. I can hardly see the buildings and I cant read the writing.

Are there 2 different objects?
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

bigcypresshunter said:
I need a good clear pic. I can hardly see the buildings and I cant read the writing.

Are there 2 different objects?
Your eyes areas bad as mine. LOL
I just noticed, it is 2 diff. objects.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

Looks like the back of one and the front of the other.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

They are two different items.

Here are some better pictures. I was mistake and it says "twenty fifth" on the left and "convention" on the right. There also looks to be a sword on the left. I still have no idea what the thing in the middle is.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0745.webp
    IMG_0745.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0746.webp
    IMG_0746.webp
    15 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0748.webp
    IMG_0748.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0747.webp
    IMG_0747.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0749.webp
    IMG_0749.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0752.webp
    IMG_0752.webp
    17 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0753.webp
    IMG_0753.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
Re: A couple items...

CrazySlasher said:
They are two different items.

Here are some better pictures. I was mistake and it says "twenty fifth" on the left and "convention" on the right. There also looks to be a sword on the left. I still have no idea what the thing in the middle is.
It also looks like KP or PK, not KR. Its kinda hard to solve when we are given the wrong information LOL thats why good pictures are of the utmost importance. Without clear pics I just gave up because its often a waste of time. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259110.0.html Now with the updated information, I think it can be solved. You forgot a pic of the back, something for size reference and a front pic of the other item. Watch the reflection from your light source. Thanks. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Very strange symbol in the center. :icon_scratch: Although hard to see, it appears to be at least 2 buildings depicted. Are you sure thats a sword? Could it be the Washington Monument?
 
Upvote 0
The building to the right has a lot of windows and could be many corner buildings.

Massachusetts Hall.webp

A lot of historic buildings in Mass. if anyone wants to search. http://mass.historicbuildingsct.com/
2 buildings and a sword? I think it would make more sense to be 3 buildings. I think IDing the bottom building is a place to start.

The center piece almost looks like a vase turned sideways. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0753 neg.webp
    IMG_0753 neg.webp
    40 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
The building to the right has a lot of windows and could be many corner buildings.




A lot of historic buildings in Mass. if anyone wants to search. http://mass.historicbuildingsct.com/
2 buildings and a sword? I think it would make more sense to be 3 buildings. I think IDing the bottom building is a place to start.

The center piece almost looks like a vase turned sideways. :icon_scratch:

I have gone through the historic buildings in MA and can't put a positive ID on it. You're right, it does sort of look like a vase turned sideways. Figuring out what the middle thing is would probably ID this, or make it a hell of a lot easier.

Edit: Building on the right is the State House.

Edit again: Found it...


http://cgi.ebay.com/1908-KP-Convention-Medal-Boston-MA-/130474034912
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Would the "K" and "P" stand for "Knights of Pythias"?
 
Upvote 0
black651 said:
Would the "K" and "P" stand for "Knights of Pythias"?
Good guess esp if it has a sword.
 
Upvote 0
CrazySlasher said:
I have gone through the historic buildings in MA and can't put a positive ID on it. You're right, it does sort of look like a vase turned sideways. Figuring out what the middle thing is would probably ID this, or make it a hell of a lot easier.

Edit: Building on the right is the State House.

Edit again: Found it...


http://cgi.ebay.com/1908-KP-Convention-Medal-Boston-MA-/130474034912
Great ID Crazyslasher :icon_thumright: but if you had given us one picture of the back it would have helped tremendously and besides its against TN rules to withhold such important clues. My guess is that you were not withholding on purpose but simply didnt realize the importance of the back picture. There is much writing on this medal that wasnt mentioned. So many new members are not giving us what we need to work with sometimes even after repeated requests... its very frustrating. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259110.0.html


medal reads KP top center Twenty Fifth Convention with pictures of Bunker Hill, Old State House and Faneuid Hall, has maker mark on back The Whitehead & Houg Co

The important thing is, you made the ID. :icon_thumright: Now with the other item.... ;D
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Yes it IS the Knights of Pythias. The center may represent 2 hands clasping.
 

Attachments

  • medal KP.webp
    medal KP.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom