What's new

A Couple Of Little Round Heavy Things

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2009
Messages
2,818
Reaction score
3,358
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost eighty degrees today so I got out to a field just across from me. In the field there is a small tree-lined oasis with an even smaller pond in the middle. I detected around a huge old tree and the small embankment. Found these three items about four inches down and within a foot of each other. The two pieces with the tiny holes stick to a magnet, the small ring does not. Any ideas?
(Posted to wrong forum originally, sorry)
 

Attachments

  • P033110001.webp
    P033110001.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 379
  • P033110002.webp
    P033110002.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 362
  • P033110003.webp
    P033110003.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 388
  • P033110004.webp
    P033110004.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 369
Looks they're from inside sink faucets.
 
Upvote 0
QUICKSILVER (appletree) said:
ear phone magnets for walkman
I will see if they stick to metal after work today. Good possibility!

I'm not discounting the faucet aerator theory either, they just seem a bit large for that.
 
Upvote 0
dev1s.jpg


Early telephone handset microphone and earphone. They used magnets and carbon. Ever know an older person who raps the phone on a table before talking - that's why. The carbon granules "pack-up".

http://www.jt30.com/jt30page/howmicswork.html

dynamic.gif
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of safe lock guts, though a bit small. maybe a combination lock system of some sort. I would check that place a bit closer.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom