Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings T-Netters! Yesterday was a beautiful, warm Fall day in the Boston area. Certainly too nice of a day to waste at work. I spend a few hours in my favorite section of woods looking for anything old. It was pretty slow pick'n, but I did manage to stumble across an intact colonial era shoe buckle. This particular buckle has a nice design, and an odd break in the frame. Despite the break, it certainly was nice to find one with the guts in place.

DSC01591.JPG DSC01595.JPG DSC01597.JPG

A short time later I found a ladies hair pin. This was clearly home made, as the maker used a two piece gilted Navy button as the head of the pin. I have found a number of old hair pins over the years, but never one quite like this one. The back of the button is marked " treble gold". A fun find for sure!

DSC01599.JPG

I hope everyone is taking full advantage of the good weather. HH!

Upvote 26

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves, I really like that hair pin:icon_thumleft:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice hefty looking shoebuckle you got there Silvermonkey. Chape and tongue included is a bonus!

Unique hairpin !!!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings T-Netters! Yesterday was a beautiful, warm Fall day in the Boston area. Certainly too nice of a day to waste at work. I spend a few hours in my favorite section of woods looking for anything old. It was pretty slow pick'n, but I did manage to stumble across an intact colonial era shoe buckle. This particular buckle has a nice design, and an odd break in the frame. Despite the break, it certainly was nice to find one with the guts in place.

View attachment 2052757 View attachment 2052758 View attachment 2052759

A short time later I found a ladies hair pin. This was clearly home made, as the maker used a two piece gilted Navy button as the head of the pin. I have found a number of old hair pins over the years, but never one quite like this one. The back of the button is marked " treble gold". A fun find for sure!

View attachment 2052760

I hope everyone is taking full advantage of the good weather. HH!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the hairpin! They were so resourceful back then!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread