What's new

A couple of what is its and a what the heck

mcmich

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
407
Reaction score
190
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

The 2 first pictures are of some sort of brass striker mechanism. If you look at the end opposite the round end, there are witness marks where this was hitting or striking something else. Found along side a river.

The next 2 seem to be part of a brooch or medal. Appear to be film reels on the convex surface. Again found by a river.

Last but not least (I had to throw this in) is a gopher or ground hog in a tree. Is this normal?? Must have been 10 feet up this little tree just swaying in the breeze.
 

Attachments

  • strike1.webp
    strike1.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 617
  • strike2.webp
    strike2.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 607
  • badge1.webp
    badge1.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 619
  • badge2.webp
    badge2.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 605
  • gopher.webp
    gopher.webp
    78.9 KB · Views: 611
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

Ground Hog. I haven't ever seen one up a tree but maybe something chased him up there. I don't have any idea about the other stuff. I like that brooch/button thingamajigger. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

Groundhogs do climb small trees, although it is not a very common thing for them to do. I have a photo my dad took years ago of one up a small bush.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

I would have said that was a porcupine. And they are often in trees.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

:hello:

One might be a Guitar Plectrum :P it looks about the right size :read2:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

One might be a Guitar Plectrum :P it looks about the right size :read2:

SS

Or a chopstick rest. :D

I think we had a similar item in a post here a bit ago.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

72cheyenne said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

One might be a Guitar Plectrum :P it looks about the right size :read2:

SS

Or a chopstick rest. :D

I think we had a similar item in a post here a bit ago.
:laughing9:

Couldn't think of the outher one :laughing7:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

The first piece is a tough one. Looks like the bottom shaft set down into a hole.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

Silver Searcher said:
72cheyenne said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

One might be a Guitar Plectrum :P it looks about the right size :read2:

SS

Or a chopstick rest. :D

I think we had a similar item in a post here a bit ago.
:laughing9:

Couldn't think of the outher one :laughing7:

SS

The shank is missing. It's a shoe button cover. I'll look for a link here from Tnet.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=Ot...=gbs_selected_pages&cad=1#v=onepage&q&f=false

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,290944.0.html
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

bigcypresshunter said:
IronSpike said:
I think IS is correct. :notworthy: You can see solder remains (3) on the back from the missing fastening bar..

Half a green check? :D
Yes....full Green Check to IS :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

We still have one item unidentified, (to explain the 1/2 check comment). :)
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

bigcypresshunter said:
We still have one item unidentified, (to explain the 1/2 check comment). :)

I got you ;D

Could the first item be something from a lightning rod?
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

I will give Ironspike 1/2 a check for the shoe button cover...Nice ID!

The first item will be a tough...I have seen something like it, just can't place it...

The varmit in the tree is not check worthy but I must say I was thinking beaver when I first saw it. Just missing the right tail. I think it is a ground hog. It is a big boy, I would estimate 10-12 lbs.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

Could the 1st item be a trammel point :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

The first item reminds me of a stair carpet rod holder :-\
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

Maybe a fishing rod holder?
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

IronSpike said:
Could the first item be something from a lightning rod?

Reminds me of one of these...
 

Attachments

  • LR TIP.webp
    LR TIP.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

Looks like a porcupine to me also Bramblefind...noted tree climbers.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A couple of what is it's and a what the heck

intresting finds....but seeing the porky.....reminds me of an hour or so ago when i was out detecting with my dog along in the woods...........he got into one and I even heard him yelp with my earphones on...lol....anyways...i got all the quills out while i sat on the 97# shepard mix.......inside the mouth and outside the face.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom