A cute teller just used the F word on me.....

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were waiting for me. I always come at lunch time on the first workday of the week. I was told that from now on there will be a $3.50 per bag fee. Because two other customers and I bring in bags of coin. (So Cal Mark is that you again :wink: it is the BP bank just south of WF, if so, be prepaired for their speech) She said she will take these last two bags at no fee because I am already here.

I asked to talk to the manager, and reminded him of his brochure that states I can deposit up to $10,000 per month in cash/coin. Of course he had no idea what I was talking about. He said the front office analyzed my deposit/withdrawal history and they knew I was a "coin collector that buys coins and goes through them taking out what I want and returning what I don't"

This is not the branch I joined up at, it is just the closest to where I work. As I have heard many times on this board, if you don't like the bank you are at there is another on every corner. Within 200 feet (in the same parking lot) is a brand new bank that has already said they will take bags. (Mark, do you deposit there yet?) This Saturday I will try to make a deposit at the main branch and see what happens.

Upvote 0
I had to look this over 4 times before i realized what the F word was......

Please tell me im not the only one :P

I guessed....as u can tell im kinda new....and not very lucky.....going through a penny box so far after being skunked on 1/2's

alpha105 said:
I had to look this over 4 times before i realized what the F word was.....
Us old timers have talked about that word a lot. One member had heard it so many times that I think he even gave up this hobby. Recently I have heard mention of it here and on one other forum more often. First time for me though.

The "F" word.....

It's actually words..... two of 'em.

Fee equals Flee, to Robin anyhow.

Here's how I phrase it when I hear it.....

"If you're gonna try to charge me a fee to withdraw or deposit money, in any form, to or from my accounts, I will immediately go home, make two phone calls, wait one month, while I am busily involved writing letters to the CEO, the president of the board, the board of directors, expressing my dissatisifacation with whatever drone is the manager at the time, await my direct deposits to be redirected (the phone calls), and then I will close all accounts with this establishment, to include what is sitting in savings, never give you business again, and I will spread ill-will amongst the local populance, to include writing letters of my discontent with a local business to the editor of the local newspaper."

But you you gotta reach down and be serious.

Ain't failed me yet.

"They" made it easier for me after hearing my rant.

Robin

I have had only one bank so far want to charge me a fee to buy boxes, but never have I heard of a fee to cash in coins. I hate to admit it, but occasionally I do buy boxes from this branch when I cannot get enough of them from my regular (non-fee) banks. So far I have always found more than enough silver to justify paying the fee from these boxes.

If my dump banks ever decide to charge fees to dump I will have to find a new hobby. I hate the act of dumping coins now as it is, but if I have to pay for it there will not be enough profit motive to continue CRHing.

Jim

Silver_Fox said:
I got the F word on the phone today Dan. I feel your pain. See the link to my post below.http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,160121.0.html
If you all will remember, last week I posted that a teller put my deposit into another persons account. I am now sure that when they did their research to correct that problem they fineally noticed my pattern of deposit/withdrawal every week.

The manager said they looked into my account and saw my history. I bet they did not look into my other two accounts. One is a nice sized CD that they have had for many years. I wonder if they want to lose that business? I will try and make a deposit at my main branch this Saturday and see what happens. I bet it is only this satelite branch that doesn't like my business.

Hey Dan,

I used to bank there! I closed my account about a week ago. They gave me the same speech about my account and said I would have to pay fees. Too bad for them, I just closed another real estate deal was going to dump a good size chunk in my money market account. Just say goodbye! No, I don't use the other bank in the same parking lot...yet! I have plenty of banks that take bags of coin. I hit two counties every day and well...you know how many banks there are between the IE and OC. I had a good pick up yesterday...85 keepers in 4 boxes ;D

HH Mark

SoCalMark said:
I used to bank there! I closed my account about a week ago. They gave me the same speech about my account and said I would have to pay fees.
Mark, our paths sure cross a lot. :P I wonder if we have ever been in the same bank at the same time. When the manager talked about another customer doing the same thing I thought of you. :wink:

Was it the Korean girl that told you about the fees? I have only dealt with her a few times and she always tries to hassle me on something. Might have been her bad attitude that started this. The other two girls are always so helpful.

I am going to try my main branch for a while and see what happens.

The korean teller has always been a little weird with me. She seems nice enough but always seemed to have a frown on her face when she saw the bags of coin. I think that bank along with others are watching for certain activity on accounts and somebody did a little investigating. I understand there is no money to be made on our transactions but I did keep a good sum of money in there. I asked the manager if he would waive the fees if I dropped $10,000 in my account and he said he would have to talk to upper management. I said goodbye! I really could care less...like I said...too many banks around here willing to help me with my hobby.
BTW, the other tellers there were absolutly the best!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back