Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got out after a 17 day hiatus. I hit the water in 95 degree heat with my new Farmer John wetsuit. I learned the hard way about certain spots that need attention when applying sunblock. Areas under and around the exposed arm and back. I applied some sun block but apparently didn't cover everything. Next time I will apply the sunblock before putting the wetsuit on.

The water was a cool 75 degrees and I was quite comfortable. I put in about 5 1/2 hours plucking away at an abundance of targets. (Mostly pennies) There was only one regular working the dry beach area but for the first time this season, I shared the water with 2 other water hunters.
I got hit four times with foil signals. I like chasing them but they all turned out to be foil. The fifth low foil sounding signal turned out to be a small 14k gold dolphin ring. This is the second 14k gold ring I have found, in 2 straight hunts, with my new Excalibur. The total weight of both rings is 9.4 g. That knocks more than $230. off the initial cost of the machine. Very cool
IMG_4626.JPGIMG_4625.JPG

IMG_4627.JPGIMG_4628.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 24

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back